#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

If the whole team would play with the passion and intensity jake brings we will go deep into September. Definitely starting to become my favorite player. I’m rapt he chose to come play with us.

3 Likes

Thought he was our best in the first quarter but from then out had one of those almost games.

1 goal 4

3 Likes

Has a very good football brain. I don’t know how intelligent the guy actually is, but his footy IQ is top shelf.

10 Likes

Good player and he took a good contested mark early. But his marking has been very ordinary. Needs a lot of overhead practice, and lead out in the hands marking practice at training. Tries to chest mark everything. Is lacking confidence in his hands

1 Like

Yeah, his first qtr really set up the game. His pack mark at the top of the square made a big impact. From then on he always had two guys on him when going for marks, which meant guys like brown and tippa could compete one on one

Did some good stuff off the ball with pressuring and harassing

Could of easily had 4 goals

1 Like

I think he would have happy like the rest of us just to sit back and watch the Walla show.

I have noticed those two like to give each other a little rev up.

The stringer-Smith relationship is still the best though.

Those two would sprint the whole length of the oval to give each other a pat on the bum.

3 Likes

deserves huge kudos for his game today-
a. crashing packs time and time again even is there was no chance of mark.
b. ran alot.
c. his efforts shepherding for Tippa’s 6th goal - la tte in the 4th quarter - that’s the first thing I’d show in the team meeting this week. so much to learn there.
respect

3 Likes

I thought he was very good, had to play tall today and bang and crash and compete for lots of high balls. I think he has probably been our best player so far this year and he will get better with Daniher in the team.

He has never been particularly good overhead even in his AA year, he is better when the ball hits the deck.

He sees the game unfolding in front of him like no one else… it’s like he has ‘bullet time’ from the Matrix

Absolutely one the better games I have seen him play. He seems to have more endurance is definitely faster and fitter and enjoying his footy. Obviously has some great mates in the team and it shows.

I think he’s a better than average contested mark, his style is different he uses his mass to protect the drop zone and waits for the ball to land in his hands instead of jumping for it, forcing the defender to reach around him which is hard because he is a huge unit.

I’ll reserve judgement on his marking ability.
I don’t think it’s one of his major skills, at this point.

1 Like

When the ball hits the deck much like Buddy is when stringer does his best work, just brush aside multiple tacklers and have the shot.

3 Likes

The ex on Instagram complaining about the tickets he gave her. Fair piece of work

5 Likes

Yeah, a fair bit of toxic femininity right there.

4 Likes

Maybe she should use the hundreds of thousands of dollars she pulls in from child support to by a high mark membership if she’s that ■■■■■■ about the seats

1 Like

surely she was joking?

anyway, who gives a ■■■■. stringer is a beast and i love his lion tattooed guts.

Link?

Maybe just not follow her on Instagram and she will go away.

It takes two to tango.

2 Likes