#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

I wonder how he’ll react now that he’s seen first hand what Joey can do and probably realises he’s not the star of the forward line.

My guess he’ll love the extra attention that will go Joe’s way from the opposition and he’ll just thrive.

I frothed in my seat as did the lady in front of me. Unreal (on both accounts)

Looked super dangerous yesterday. If only he could hold onto a few more contested marks he would become an elite fwd.

Dogs will be regretting letting him go

Lols what idiots

Was huge yesterday.

What does “not an athlete” even mean?

He’s 192cm/95kg, beast strong and fkg quick.

He just has a below par tank.

1 Like

athlete

1. a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

He’s clearly not one of these.

Person next to me was wondering why he insists on taking on tacklers.

Pretty obvious why: ‘cause he can. Serious core strength.

I mean that he’s a footballer first and foremost, not an elite athlete we are trying to turn into a footballer

1 Like

But by anyone’s definition of athlete, he is one.

“Footballers not athletes” is a meaningless bigfooty trope that really ■■■■■ me. It gets thrown around as if athleticism is some sort of black mark against, rather than something that every coach asks for and all recruiters spend many hours testing and ranking.

I think if you mean he’s a smart or instinctive footballer, you’re better off just saying that.

2 Likes

I reckon of someone told you there are 24 hours in a day HAP, you’d find a way to argue there’s not. Lol

I get what your saying @SMJ, and i agree

9 Likes

Well, on the day when you switch over to daylight saving…

7 Likes

There’s not. Some of them are at night.

9 Likes

actually…

If one day is not exactly 24 hours and is in fact 23 hours 56 minutes, shouldn’t the error add up, and shouldn’t we see 12 midnight becoming 12 noon at some point in time?

9 Answers

Ben Fitzgearl

Ben Fitzgearl

Answered Jan 31, 2017 · Author has 852 answers and 2.8m answer views

The Earth rotates about its axis exactly once, or 360 degrees, in about 23 hours and 56 minutes. This is called a sidereal day. The 24-hour day we all know and love is called a solar day. It represents a rotation of approximately 361 degrees about Earth’s axis. Or, one degree more than one full rotation.

So…wait! Huh? Where did that extra degree come from?

Well, the Earth is orbiting around the Sun. As a result, its orbital angular position about the Sun changes by approximately one degree per day (360 degrees in 365 days).

So, if you imagine an Earth that doesn’t rotate on its axis, but that still orbits the Sun, it becomes obvious that a “day” would be exactly[1] one year long (or, a little more than 525,600 minutes (source: Rent )). But this is also equivalent to an Earth that’s not orbiting the Sun, but rotating about its own axis by 360 degrees in one year. Or, about one degree per day.

So, to account for the time it takes for that extra degree of (effective) rotation, we tack on about 4 minutes, and get our 24-hour day.

That extra 4 minutes is why clock time doesn’t precess.

https://www.quora.com/If-one-day-is-not-exactly-24-hours-and-is-in-fact-23-hours-56-minutes-shouldnt-the-error-add-up-and-shouldnt-we-see-12-midnight-becoming-12-noon-at-some-point-in-time

9 Likes

Our forwardline has multiple ways of killing off an opposition now:

Joe - Can play the high forward roaming role that can interchange with the ruck, as well as go deep and take the big contested grab.

Walla/Fanta - Elite level duo that can apply pressure, crumb to big guys or also go up the ground and sprint back towards goal if we are playing our game style. Bonus that both can midfield.

Smack - Excellent player out of the square and probably along with Brown the best depth key position forwards in the league.

Brown - Excellent lead up player that can provide the connection between the wings and forwardline as well as bob up for crucial goals.

Stringer - When the game is contested and everyone else doesn’t want the ball he just says move aside. Big game player that loves the rough stuff and has also got plenty of finesse.

That forwardline is elite and can perform under any conditions. If one or two are down or the game is not on their terms then another two or three chime in.

No wonder we are the best side in the league to watch.

*I love Bags too but I know I’m alone :blush:

12 Likes

I’m still with you on the Bags wagon.

2 Likes

Me too

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to look up the dictionary definition of each word of my next post that praises one of our players. You never know when HAP may be lurking!

1 Like

This is definitely a lot of words

3 Likes

Has kicked 7 goals 1 behind.

He’s lockettesque :blush:

1 Like