#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Yep. Wow.

7 Likes

Ha. I couldn’t get anyone to bet he’d miss that one.

It was so ■■■■■■■ straight i couldnt believe an Essendon player actually kicked it!

1 Like

the package can do anything!!

Hilarious how he celebrates as soon as he kicks it, waaaaay before it slips through the poles with a centimetre either side.

10 Likes

you’re entitled to your opinion rainman, however if anyones the captain after todays game its cale hooker. well within his rights to call it quits on the game after the back spasms.

7 Likes

Man, I love Hooksey. He was just a warrior out there today (as always). Couldn’t walk, but battled on. Have ALWAYS been a huge fan (see his thread).

But, I reckon Jake has matured out of sight since crossing over to Bomberland. Not only his talent, but he is showing massive leadership both on-field and off-field. And is 25, so in your sorta age bracket. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I am the biggest Zerrett fan going around, but I reckon Stringer should be talked about as a potential future Captain after Dyson. Why not?

6 Likes

So lucky to have him.

Would be someone you just love playing in the same team with. I still think he has one of those 7 goal maulings in him this year at some time.

Love it, gives a little wiggle of his painted nails to the crowd and the kids watching

2 Likes

We may have paid over the odds for Shiel (though we really wont know until this time next year) but we certainly paid Zerconia rates for polished diamonds Saad, Smith and especially Stringer!!!
Kudos Dodoro!!!

14 Likes

And he is 3 years younger than Dustin Martin.

1 Like

A real surprise package.

Love him.

No. Not captain. I agree completely with your opinion that he’s been fantastic for us and frequently does quite extraordinary things for the team, but that’s not what makes a captain.

A captain has to be the one who keeps his head when all about him are losing theirs. Keep calm and show the way. Stringer is much more under control than he was, but let’s just let him do what he does best and not throw captaincy responsibility on his shoulders.

4 Likes

Fast becoming my favourite new recruit. He’s so good to watch.

Stringer captain?:upside_down_face:

Yeah… Nah.

Great player, leader but not captain.

Reckon Mcgrath or Zmerrett could lead.

3 Likes

He is the most FIGJAM player we’ve had since Reimers. And it’s awesome.

4 Likes

He was kicking similar ones earlier in the year. When he is in the zone he is IN THE ZONE.

1 Like

Because he is the kind of guy you just tell to play football without needing to overthink it.

That goal in the pocket is a great example. He walked in like he was kicking the footy at the park.

If you watch the game ahead of the play it’s guys like Fantasia that are directing and controlling our fwd structure.

There are different types of leaders. Is Jake a leader - yes. Should it be formal - No.

Stringer captain?

Yeah

He isnt you know.

Just a very very good footballer.