#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

I actually think the degree of difficulty on Browns kick was just as hard.

That was a perfectly weighted 9 iron that fell directly between the two North players and Stringer din’t have to break stride.

2 Likes

Stringer is getting close to be eligible for the Leadership Group, he has worked very hard to improve his image and behaviour. Credit given where credit is due.

12 Likes

Agree about leadership group being fitting. Up to his teammates to decide. From what we have seen it appears he is indeed showing strong leadership in different ways.

5 Likes

Smith, Stringer and Shiel for 3 1st rounders, It’s amazing drafting.

We also got some picks back in there too, if I’m not wrong? Who did we get with those pics?

Chuck in saad for a mid 2nd Rd pick as the cherry on top

1 Like

Freakshow!!!

8 Likes

Makes a huge difference to our team, thanks Bevo for chasing him out of the Doggies.

7 Likes

Love how he will stand up in a body on body contest. Actually he stands up and gives it his all and does the second and third efforts to win the contest.

Cannot speak more highly of what Stringer is doing this year.

25 Likes

there were a few times tonight when he had 3 Crows players tackling him at the same time and he still broke free, just absolutely willed himself to break free.

6 Likes

only 25 - not a youngster, but still a bit more peaking to come :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s all in his attitude, he has become a selfless team player and will only get better and better. Gone from show pony to selfless team man.

5 Likes

2 second rounders lmao

9 Likes

Maybe I’m superstitious but when teams start kicking badly it gets contagious, we’ve seen it happen against us plenty…

Stringer seems to often kick a “magic” goal that seems to get us on track (or back in the game) and even intimidate the fwds at the other end.

Just my observations but he definitely has that xfactor or spark.

2 Likes

That inside checkside snap before half time was un-farking-real. If he had kicked that at Etihad the roof would’ve blown off.

Last year you could see that when he tried to take on those 2-3 guys and dish off a disposal he just couldn’t quite break away or couldn’t quite get off a disposal but this year he is unstoppable and everytime he has 3-4 blokes hanging off him you just expect him to find a way to dish off or shrug them off him and get clear.

His fitness has obviously increased ten fold since coming to the club. Playing big midfield minutes in the last quarter and spreading hard into the forwardline and still having the gas in the tank to break those tackles at any stage of the game is just unreal.

We are blessed to have him pull on our jersey each week. His footballing talent has never been in doubt but his leadership and commitment to himself and his teammates since he walked into the club has been nothing short of inspirational.

Farking gun.

25 Likes

I will have to squeeze him into my votes somewhere for this week. He was immense in a number of contests tonight.

X factor players make all the difference.
We have 3
Stringer Walls and One yet to debut!!

1 Like

He might be figjam but I like him. Excitement machine.

1 Like

Jakeyyy

1 Like

1 minute before his goal I told my dad, we need stringer to get a goal. When he did I knew it was game over.

Love him.

3 Likes