#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Starting to treat opposition players like he did his teammates in his first preseason.

1 Like

He is pure SEX right now.

10 Likes

He has the uncanny ability to break from a tackle into space. Usually to our advantage as well.

Still cant believe he is playing for us.

1 Like

His balance and ability to keep his feet is top notch. He is always in the contest

2 Likes

He is exactly who we needed to break our conservative selections. We spent big but sometimes you need to spend big to win big. We’ve done very well so far with him.

And was that arguably the best goal kicked by an Essendon player? It is on par with Hirdy in 2004 SF loss to Geelong, but this is slightly better because we won.

5 Likes

2nd most pressure acts for us last night (Shiel the most)

4 Likes

3 Likes

Tex Walker?

2 Likes

I agree but we also have Fanta, saad and McKenna

His presence was huge last night. Full best mode engaged. Made defenders reluctant to go to him. Then there was that goal, phwoar!

4 Likes

When the games was there to be won, he just monstered the crows

1 Like

com-optimize-2

20 Likes

I like when he gets the ball he just goes, doesn’t matter who’s in front of him or near him
Or about to be tackled or whatever he just starts pumping the pistons and goes for it.

4 Likes

I’m actually pretty disappointed with the midfield sometimes. Our inability to kick the ball to our forwards advantage is frustrating when you have a player like Jake that will win 80% of his 1:1 contests if given the advantage.

He is a beast!

3 Likes

Doesn’t get the big numbers but everything he does is composed and classy. Love his little bursts in the midfield as he just bullocks his way through and he can’t be tackled

His last 4 goals.
Cost us two 2nd rounders.

… Makes the impossible possible.

1 Like

Bevo must be devo

Jake is finally starting to get the credit for becoming a complete player and not just a flash in the pan type.

2 Likes

It’s a win-win

The dogs and Jake are better off without each other while the Dons and Jake are infinitely better together.

Agree. Seems something was wrong between Jake and Footscray. So better for all.

That eight foot banana spinning away from goal, crazy good.

2 Likes