#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

And you expected something more from Mayo.

2 Likes

Publicly calling a (contracted) star player lazy and disinterested didn’t affect his trade value at all?

Beveridge getting up there towards Scott brother levels of buck-passing and revisionism.

4 Likes

Drake Singer

4 Likes

Should I have Stringer or Melksham in my SC team?

Jake Stringsham.

2 Likes

Decent pick up but sadly not what we needed.

If you’re in the one against me then, yes, do it.

I didn’t chuck him in hahah moved a few players

On the basis of 1 game? Give him a break.

2 Likes

Thought he was really solid. Not too much of the ball but he showed a few good signs in the midfield. Like what I see. At worst he goes forward and kicks goals.

2 Likes

Will win games for us off his own back this year when running hot. Sadly it will be as a stay at home forward as at this stage just does not have the engine to play many mid minutes. All class though and those 2 goals were just a taste of what we are going to get. Still rapt to have him!

2 Likes

Dat goal tho…

1 Like

When/if his fitness improves he could be a massive x factor.

We got a GUN forward with two second round picks.

We are already winning even if he doesnt pull off the inside mid role

9 Likes

He’s only going to get better as the season rolls on

7 Likes

i think that was a really solid performance and if that can be close to his baseline output and have games where he really rips apart a mismatch and slowly builds his midfield minutes we’ll be doing ok.

he’s never going to become an accumulator though i suspect.

14 Likes

You’re not lion … 'twas a cracker.

I suspect if he can get his average disposals per game up to 15 or 16 for the season, then that’s a win. That would be a career best for him. If he splits his time 50/50 he might still contribute a fair bit up forward as well

I think we have probably just seen close to a ‘baseline’ expectation for Stringer. Had some midfield minutes and gathered a few touches, then went missing for long periods… only to bob up and kick a couple of really classy goals!

I don’t think he is going to turn into a 25 touch midfielder this season… but I would be hopeful for a 15 touches and 2 goal effort each week.

Has the x-factor about him… I’m pretty happy with all 3 recruits right now if I’m totally honest… pretty exciting!

12 Likes

Thought he was really solid today. Bobbed at the right times and did some nice things. If that’s baseline, I can’t help to be excited over his above baseline games.