#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

I had the exact same thought watching him at the ground. But it is worth remembering, that is only his second hit-out in that role. Going to be fun seeing him cop the third or fourth string defender at times this season when up forward. Doubt he will have ever had that before.

5 Likes

Much-improved hair style.

5 Likes

Or playing on a midfielder, when he pushes forward, that would be a scary prospect.

No midfielder would follow him forward unless it was on a break, they’d have a defender zone on to him when that happens. Given his two-way running at the moment, you’d instruct any midfielder on him to stay outside the 50 and become a free man on transition.

i don’t doubt the improvement he can make in the craft.
I doubt his work rate and willingness to work back.

There’ll still be some complaining, his tank, his tatts, his hair etc etc

Jason Akermanis is the player Kyle Reimers should have been

4 Likes

Bulldogs have never lost a game when stringer had more than 20 touches. True story.

He’s only had 20 touches twice mind you

4 Likes

In JLT2 he seemed to be following Selwood around at times. If he was supposed to be tagging Selwood, or making him accountable, its pretty clear it was a failure, and should not have been a role given to him. If it was an instruction given to help Jake to learn midfielder running patterns, and improve his tank, then it might well have been a good idea. In any case at least he did mange to put a very good tackle on Selwood. However, Selwood did not concede one free kick.

“Free kick Selwood. Too high”

30 Likes

Correct Disposal!
He hand-balled it with his chin.

8 Likes

Deleted, snap

The same defenders that allready have their hands full looking after our foward line? Who are they going to zone off?

2 Likes

Nah he didn’t tag, I don’t think they wanted to waste one of his first opportunities playing on ball with tagging. Parish was mainly following Selwood around anyway.

Selwoods great game included about 12 free kicks. The bloke gets an armchair ride by the umps its past a joke.

7 Likes

Look Selwood undoubtedly gets looked after by the umps, and improves his chances by ducking.

But ffs you have to accept that he is first in for the ball most of the time in order to get a chance for the free in the 1st place.

2 Likes

But he does though.
If his application matched his talent he’d be AA every year.

Best part about the Stringers goal from the boundary was Dangerfield getting rid of Merrett and thinking he’s got his measure and next min little Zach mows down that mother ■■■■■■ to create the turnover. Wank bank worthy

15 Likes

Not the first time eitherimage

4 Likes

Nah, I don’t wanna accept it.

4 Likes