#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Wasn’t always involved but made a real impact every time he was. Like it.

5 Likes

if he kicks a couple of those goals, boy oh boy.

Has talent to burn.

He does, but I think we’re all hoping that he got done burning it last year.

1 Like

1 Like

Good game Jake. The desire was there and he looked like he enjoyed it. Great start

7 actually.

His highest season average is 3.
That’s a really good sign. Plus the 16 possessions. If he averages 16 possessions for the season and about 5 tackles, I reckon he’s done well. No doubt he’ll kick some goals to go with that

3 Likes

Thought his work rate was great and will only get better with more continuity playing with his new teammates.

Thought he was pivotal in that last quarter and that blind handball over the shoulder to Joe was amazing.

Was very clean as well which was good.

2 Likes

Was super impressed when he bobbed up for that pack mark in the backline. Shows his tank is not as tiny as some would have us believe. Heaps of upside in his on-ball work.

Actually got a bit of ball in the D50.

I daresay that’s a bit of a mistake. I mean, it’s great that he is putting in the effort. But you really wanting him saving it for attacking rather then defending.

Never-the-less, great attitude shown by Jake.

1 Like

Solid. Love that all three of our new recruits were really strong defensively.

1 Like

Was solid, really solid.

His work rate without the ball really impressed me.

when he was put in the middle adelaide were always minus one midfielder because Stringer would be wrestling them (and winning)

the adelaide mids then started backing away from the ball ups at the centre clearance just to get away from him bahahahaha

2 Likes

If he added some goals would have been a really good game

It’s Pretty important to have a bloke who can stand up in a tackle and dish off the hand ball. It was so valuable last night.

His quick look away handballs were fantastic and probably resulted in a few late goals.

Very impressed by what I saw.

I’d like to see him moved to Full forward, when we’re in a goal scoring rutt.

1 Like

went missing a few times, and looked like fatigue had an impact on his skills, but plenty to work with.m

A nearly night for Jake. Especially with his finishing around goal you could see he wanted it too much and he double-grabbed or rushed himself when he had more time. Can’t question the effort at all. Will only get better from here once he relaxes and gets more in tune with his teammates…

4 Likes

Really exciting player, so pleased he is in a bomber guernsey. When he improves his tank he will be pretty special. Also didn’t appreciate how strong he is.

Not just his pure strength, but his build, centre of gravity and natural body use is exactly what you want. Anyone tall enough to go with him he can turn inside out, and he can outmark almost anyone quick enough to go with him, and he uses his body to beat very good defenders to the drop.

I’m not overly bullish on what he’ll do this year, but if we drill into him some good vanilla defensive basics, and he really grasps why we want him to get to midfield fitness: he could be all-time.

4 Likes

His seven tackles were an equal match high with Parish.

10 Likes