#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Didn't think I could love (a) hooker so much

You’ve just never met the right one

Yeah, but how long do they love you for, eh?

Love you long time

$5?

With change

This hooker has a heart of gold

Lloydy just said that Hooker has been using a kicking biomechanic to assist with goal kicking this last 12 months, and he has been kicking great in training.

Hooker’s work ethic is so outstanding. To think we tried to trade him to the Eagles in 2012 for picks 25 and 26 and in 2011 we were trying to give him to GC along with pick 19 and Jenkins for Caddy (we also gave them a chance to pick Gumby as well).

We are so lucky he loves being at Essendon and every challenge that has been thrown his way he has used as an excuse to make himself a better player.

You’ve just never met the right one

Yeah, but how long do they love you for, eh?

Love you long time

$5?

Fi-deen dollar!

Fi-deen dollar boo-coo money! Fi’ dollar

So we get Stewart so Hooker can play back, but the early reports are that he wants to play forward. Carlisle in reverse? Elsilrac?

So we get Stewart so Hooker can play back, but the early reports are that he wants to play forward. Carlisle in reverse? Elsilrac?

Nah because Hooksy doesn’t have a ****kicker attitude

As far as I’m concerned Stewart starts the pre-season as depth, Hooker is forward and the defence is covered by Hurls/Hartley/Ambrose/Francis/Brown

As far as I’m concerned Stewart starts the pre-season as depth, Hooker is forward and the defence is covered by Hurls/Hartley/Ambrose/Francis/Brown

I’d like to trial Stewart at ff in the NAB Cup and then decide who goes where/does what.

I’d like to trial Stewart at ff in the NAB Cup and then decide who goes where/does what.

Funnily enough, I’d like to trial Hooker as a ff in the NAB cup. He’s probably played less games there than Stewart has.

HF Langford Daniher Laverde
FF AMTipp Hooker Fantasia

Colyer/Zaharakis rotating through.

Can’t see JW playing him in defense.

Agree with Reboot though RE trialing Stewart forward with Hooker in the NAB cup.

Doubt Joe will play more than one NAB game.

Yeah, gotta go with the returning players as much as possible in the NAB cup. Probably no reason not to give Stewart time forward as well though. I reckon Chooka has first crack at it though.

Yeah, gotta go with the returning players as much as possible in the NAB cup. Probably no reason not to give Stewart time forward as well though. I reckon Chooka has first crack at it though.

Chooka? I like it, haven’t heard it before , but will be great to scream out when he takes a mark in the forward line.

Who we play forward out of Chooka, JStew and Francis (don’t forget Francis) in the NAB needs to be worked out as we should be looking to get our structure right ASAP. It will be important to trial as much as we can intra club, at least we know we can give them some seriously hard match ups in Hurley, Hartley and Bruiser. I would pay admission to see those guys and Joe go up against each other just practicing.

We should be able to get a good gauge on their relative ability from that. Chooka and Francis can also line up on JStew, can you imagine a more intense test of a new forward than that (our 5 monster backs), if JStew can learn handle those guys he will be a star, same goes for Chooka and Franga. Brown shouldn’t be discounted either.

I think we should be looking to organise some early VFL practice matches as well as intra club where we sharpen up the 10 returnees and look to get some synergy going in the NAB to get ready for round 1.

For round 1 I’m hoping Roughy will be back healthy and rusty too, and the Hawks maybe will be trying out the new Mitchell, O’Meara and Vickery (please, please). They should be a mess trying to sort themselves out, just a matter of keeping a lid on Gunston, Cyril, Puopolo, Breust … .

Can’t wait.

Does Redman come into the conversation?

How many good players we have now?

Does Redman come into the conversation?

Wouldn’t think so. Maybe 2nd half of the year and if we are injury hit

Fair call.

The notion that us picking up Stewart somehow changes our plans re Hooker is surely off the mark. Hooker forward transforms our side. His pairing with JD gives opponents something to think about. If we played Stewart forward instead of Hooker opponents would have the luxury of zoning off Stewart and double teaming Joe.

Hurley and Hartley are a fine defensive duo, and Brown is adequate backup. Stewart is not a clunker, and may be better suited to a third tall and relief ruck role. Building a forward line around someone with a decent NEAFL record is pure Essington.

I’d be building a forward line around Hooker, Daniher and Francis. It would be our best marking combination since Lloyd, Lucas and Hird. Langford and Laverde would get defenders who are not as capable overhead and would cause problems too.

Not sure I agree with that. Think we should start by building our ends of the ground around the best players in the best positions. Hooker and Hurley at CHB/FB are the first step you’d make there. I think Stewart will be given every opportunity to succeed. He has a great athletic ability and whilst his hands seem to be a weaker part of his game I think he could work well with Joe who is obviously a natural aerialist with a good aerobic capacity himself. Don’t think the Hooker fwd experiment is “over” just because we recruited Stewart but I wouldn’t be putting him up there unless we get to Rd 8 and JS has only kicked a couple of goals and is simply not working.

Looking dangerous as a forward. Giving Hurls the run around. This bloke is going to be a farking menace up there next year.

Looking dangerous as a forward. Giving Hurls the run around. This bloke is going to be a farking menace up there next year.

He is unstoppable.