#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

LOL he runs like he’s never seen a real person run before and he’s copying it off early 2000s video games.

9 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed, would watch again.

1 Like

Looks so natural.

7 Likes

He’s going back and you’re all gonna fkg like it.

5 Likes

Set him free Woosha

How goods the tackle by begley after.

also spoils into a spot we can potential regain possession.

almost like hes a bona fide gun defender.

#MoveBegleyBack

Its the way he distributes the ball and directs play that makes him so effective down there. I think he would bring Saad and McKenna into the game far more than we currently are with his use of the ball from intercept marks. Hurley is great at what he does but I dont think he uses the ball as smartly as Hooker.

1 Like

no it’s not. It’s the contested intercept marking till the early morn.

2 Likes

You don’t need to convince me.

I would love him back there!

I think structurally it may effect the forwardline at first but that may actually force Wooshas hand on getting some more defensive small in the forwardline to create pressure.

Win, win as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

True, but what he then does with the ball is so important. Its rarely just a kick back up the line, he finds a runner or a switch kick and sets off the slingshot. Thats what we are missing this year, it’s chaos coming out of the backline.

Along with tackling, smothering, shepherding, kicking goals and a handful of other things.

The difference is hooker marks it cleanly in his hands and lands on his a feet ready to dish so we can transition quicker. Hurley often double grabs, or Falls over or takes a chest marks. More often than not be goes back behind his mark too.

Hooker bringing Saad and Conor into the game more is an interesting point that is not considered before

4 Likes

watch him start at FF and kick 1.3 for the day

1 Like

if it was me. id play goddard on a forward flank and hooker back. Goddard on song is a fantastic field kick. I want that forward of centre.

something like

Baguely Hurley Harts
Zaharakis Hooker Saad
McGrath Smith Orazio
Stringer Stewart Goddard
Green Daniher Walla
Foll: TBC, Heppell, ZMerrett

Bench: Guelfi, Parish, Begley, Mckernan.

I prefer him in the forward line. Especially when JD is playing like a dog.

1 Like

Dixon will have an absolute field day on anyone but hooker. this is the game.

1 Like

Hooker back

with cameos up forward

We ■■■■■ and moan about the forward line for 10 years, finally fix it, and then people want to move the part that makes it work out.

I really don’t get it.

1 Like

In the years i’ve lurked and then posted here. its always been MIDFIELD MIDFIELD MIDFIELD.