#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

How strong is he in the contest, cannot move him.

4 Likes

I am the leader of the hooker back squad, always have been, but he will play forward at some stage.

I don’t want him too though.

I just love him…my No 1 man…love it now he is back playing…

2 Likes

i need him to kick a goal in the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Just have to hope the calves/hamstrings/groins/quads hold up and there’s no more old man injuries. He could easily play another 3-4 seasons as the anchor defender. He reads it so well, even though he’s not the quickest he plays the angles so well, knows when to leave his man and impact a contest. The 10-15 min spell where we were under the pump to start the last it was him and Hurls that save us time and time again.

1 Like

All well and good but was missing a big clunk up forward, kicking the set shot goal way too hard and then beating his chest like an ape to celebrate.

#clunkcityisback

Why? In what scenario do you see that happening?

Essendon

is the heart of this team

at half time in the rooms was going to every player and pumpin em up

2 Likes

Can’t believe this stupid club ever entertained trading him for Caddy.

What a legend.

3 Likes

We spent a lot of today setting him up as the spare, particularly in the first half. We just look so much better when we do that rather than wasting the spare at the ball.

1 Like

The bonus about a Hurley, Hooker and Ambrose combination, is that there isn’t a key forward in the game that we don’t have a match up for.

I find that sort of thing comforting.

8 Likes

Comes back in and doesn’t miss a beat what a beast.

Should be our captain imo

3 Likes

If those 3 just start owning their opponents week in week out, watch out, things are going to get exciting.

1 Like

Having both Hooker and Hurley in the same defence, and neither of them having to take the most dangerous forward, is quite a luxury. Be interesting to see how Ambrose goes on the Ben Brown / Hawkins / Lynch types. Boy, if he could hold them down…

I’ve thought our defence has been good all year, but the addition of General Hooksy took it up a notch today. (Redman in as well, to a lesser extent.)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t send Ambrose to Brown, probably start Hurley on him and send Ambrose to zieball next week. Hooker plays on Hawkins. Ambrose has done well on Lynch in the past.

Our most important player along with Orazio, we’ve missed him greatly

We actually might be a bit tall against norfs forward line.