#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

He’s only 30, why has he got 2 years max left?

2 Likes

He also has those defender-like desperate second efforts

As long as Hooks is fit enough I don’t see why he can’t stay @ FF now, as long as Harts continues to deliver the same outcomes as Friday nite for the rest of the season.

I think Harts will have probably the best supporting EFC backline that we have had, maybe in decades. Harts knowing this could be a lot better option @ FB than what most think. He has a very damaging kick and is strong in the air. He would work in well with Gleeson & Francis as they have played together regularly in the 2s, so should be aware of each others abilities already.

Hooks permanently forward can cover Harts from FF & go back in the rare case (hopefully)an opponent gets ahold of him.

Harts must get a 2 weeks go at it…he could be the icing on the cake for us for the finals and makes our side extremely flexible giving Woosha additional options in key position and the ruck IMO. Will be interesting to see what happens.

5 Likes

I don’t know, being conservative.

He’ll be 32 by the end of next season. When players hit their 30s the edge of the cliff comes a lot faster

Our previous full back went until age 40.

1 Like

Taylor is still going strong at 33 and is still expected to play for another year. While around 33 seems to be the common mark it can depend on the body and mental approach. I can see Hooker maybe stretching it out until 35 if things go well physically. If his body gives out then you could be right.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any chance at all of Hooker going to 35. I reckon he sees out the current contract and that is all. Maybe 1 more year after that, if things go really well with his body over the next 2 years.

1 Like

All those suspensions kept him fresh as a fiddle

2 Likes

Yea who knows, like I said I’m being conservative with it because once you do hit over 30 the end can come quick. There’s only about 10 players who at the the start of the season were 33 and over. 10 out of what over 700 suggests too many don’t go on that much past their early 30s.

Love the bloke and hope he can perform for another 5 seasons but as I mentiomed earlier just being consavative.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s fair and we do need to plan for his retirement.

1 Like

No, he was a freak.
And he was our farking freak!!!
And as for Cale, he’s got to be up there with the best “clubsmen or whatever you can call him” that the team has had. He knows where he’d rather play but the team comes first. Good on him and thank you mr hooker.

… Woosha?

Indeed he was. What a contrast the first and last half of his career was.

Edit: in terms of team and club success. The guy’s class never wavered.

If Clarke comes back in & Hooker plays forward we replace a running player with a tall. We also have McKernan, Hooker, Brown & Stringer up forward. Also, they’ll want to get Lav back in. If Hooker plays back we lose Harts, and I really like him.
I think they’ll drop Harts for balance but I would love to see him play on Dixon in 2 weeks to see if he is the best option for the monster forwards.

1 Like

I think we just gotta start Hooker forward now and make it work.

Can’t keep tinkering during the game as it’s not sustainable

Hooker starting forward may mean a 4 quarter performance for the team

2 Likes

Saves us again

Big time pressure goal

3 Likes

What a gun

Is a forward…

1 Like