#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Minor tightness. A bit like a minor mortality. RIP.

I am going to borrow panic dollars and put them on Hooksey, and shift my investment in panic from JOEDAN.

#panic

Franga was the FF at training today FWIW, played on Hurley and got taken to the cleaners.

That’s alright. All he has to do is get the ball to ground and let Walla, Orazio and Green do the rest.

Really looking forward to watching those 3 this year. I think they’re going to be very potent.

Twice in a row they haven't mentioned him in the injury update interview. They mention everyone in the modified group but him. Hmmm
He's got the flu. Sheeds told me.

I’d say they are being extra cautious with his history.

I think its definitely more than a tight hammy, got the feeling it is lower back related. He isn’t moving too freely when completing the modified running.

Hopefully he is right to go for rd1.

Yeh a bit concerned though that hooker and joedan haven’t really played together in a few years. I expected hooker to have a quarter with joe in the intra club, was suprised he was held back from that too.

Franga was the FF at training today FWIW, played on Hurley and got taken to the cleaners.

That’s alright. All he has to do is get the ball to ground and let Walla, Orazio and Green do the rest.

Really looking forward to watching those 3 this year. I think they’re going to be very potent.

Going to get a taste of it on Thursday night cant ■■■■■■ wait.

Going to get a taste of it on Thursday night cant ■■■■■■ wait.

Waaayyy too much information.

You’d think Franga and Hooker would be safe doing rehab together, yes?

Hurls suggested today that Chooka will be back for JLT 3.

Not mentioned in Crowe’s update today. Is he running/in full training/cooked – where’s he at?

Not mentioned in Crowe's update today. Is he running/in full training/cooked – where's he at?

Daniher, Hartley, Francis and Stanton all available for selection for our next game was great to hear.

Even the fact that Draper will partake in match practice in 2-3 weeks was a nice surprise.

But yeah, a bit odd tbh that there was no reference to Hooker at all again.

Not mentioned in Crowe's update today. Is he running/in full training/cooked – where's he at?

Daniher, Hartley, Francis and Stanton all available for selection for our next game was great to hear.

Even the fact that Draper will partake in match practice in 2-3 weeks was a nice surprise.

But yeah, a bit odd tbh that there was no reference to Hooker at all again.

Worsfold said on the news (9) tonight that they’ll stick to the plan with Hooker and he’ll be ready to play in the third match.

IN: FRANGA

Saw Hooksy who is not playing because he told the club he was still sore. He just didn’t want to go to McKay lol too far he reckons lol. He will be in for the last hit out.

He thinks TBC has come on leaps and bounds and is tracking well for round 1 selection.

Saw Hooksy who is not playing because he told the club he was still sore. He just didn't want to go to McKay lol too far he reckons lol. He will be in for the last hit out.

He thinks TBC has come on leaps and bounds and is tracking well for round 1 selection.

Smart man Hooksy.

Maybe doing less training is part of a cunning plan for him to put on a few extra kg, in preparation for standing in the goal square and monstering any full back that dares to come near. Plugger 2.0

Has he actually been doing any form of running?

When I went down to training a few weeks ago he was jogging lap after lap on the etihad oval. Not striding out fully or anything, just ticking the legs over. I’m not sure if others who have been to training more recently can tell you how much it has progressed in intensity from this.

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2Fphotos%2Faaron-francis-of-the-bombers-is-tackled-by-cale-hooker-during-an-picture-id627751394&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gettyimages.fr%2F%C3%A9v%C3%A9nement%2Fessendon-bombers-training-session-686138523&docid=hKSwvcVoeFeIJM&tbnid=xlY4wVFrwnNsjM%3A&vet=1&w=742&h=1024&bih=735&biw=1517&q=francis%20hooker%20essendon&ved=0ahUKEwjD95fpirXSAhXmllQKHeW0DpoQMwgcKAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

Considering Hooker's history with hamstrings, they are right to be precautious.

He’ll be right.

Agreed. And I think they will manage him to be right to play round 1. Justin Crow is a fantastic asset for the club and is really forging a great reputation for himself in the strength and conditioning field.

But I also think they didn’t just randomly decide to preclude him from training with the group for 5 weeks. He clearly suffered an injury.