#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

If teams are going to be ■■■■■■■■ themselves and putting an extra man on Hooker. What happens when we slot Francis into that forward line?

He will mark anything that comes near.

4 Likes

Does he love a goal?

1 Like

How good is he going to be as a fwd! He is usually a one clean grab player even in contested situations. Hardly clunked a mark all night and still had 3 on the board. He is so quick with his 2nd efforts too if he does drop the ball he is back on it like flys on ■■■■.

Defiantly best to play him as the deepest fwd. Get the ball to him quick enough once he hits form and he will be unstoppable.

I tried to be annoyed with him when he kicked the ball into Vickery’s face when on the mark but I just couldn’t.

Still, should have kicked 4

12 Likes

So far he seems pretty unorthodox, but i guess its working so lets see how good he can get.
Kicking into the man on the mark is unusual for a FF, hopefully he can learn the fwd craft (i hate that word) and maintain his unpredictability.
I assume if Hooker gets sent back during a game that Hurley will get moved forward. Anyone know if Hartley can play forward?

Agree. His reaction/recovery time was really impressive.

played the whole vfl praccy but your point is valid.

Don’t know if you picked it up, but Hepps had a word to Joey about leading away from Hooksey.

I pretended it was on purpose :slight_smile:

Someone needs to make a gif of all his over the top celebrations

2 Likes

Couldn’t help but notice how he looks un-co when he runs.

5, had an easy snap that he missed in the third.

He’ll only get better as a forward the more games he plays there. Had a slightly ‘down’ game in my opinion but still found a way to meaningfully contribute. Love him, my favourite player.

Over the top? I don’t think so.

3 Likes

It’s a credit to the strength and conditioning team that they tailored his program to get up and play for round 1 and run out the game without having played an AFL level pre-season match.

9 Likes

Another couple of snags to his name & took some absolutely crucial marks across half forward in the last.

1 Like

The fact he is having an impact when he is still quite clearly rusty is so important. When he gets his clunking game back he will tear a game apart.

4 Likes

Spreading the load beautifully by having Cale forward.

Joe and Cale kicking 5-6 goals between them with a couple small forwards kicking 30+ a year and you have a diverse unpredictable and multi pronged attack.

We.have.a.farking.forward.line

For the first time since,well…

6 Likes

One of the big differences between Hooker forward, and when Hurley / Carlisle had their crack, is that when Hurley or Carlisle were quiet or not quite on, they’d go goalless.

Hooker has kicked 3 & 2, and he’s hardly left first gear yet.

14 Likes

Is it just me or does he look like he hasn’t quite got the confidence in his body to fully stride it out yet?

1 Like