#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

His goal kicking…yikes

That’s a conversation a few of us had at the VFL practice match he played. I thought he looked fine but it was noted that he looked reluctant to bend down for the low balls when running. We suspected he was being careful with the hammys.

1 Like

Thought this was the case with him kicking to the hot spot, rather than having a ping from a set shot.

1 Like

Massive target down there, doing a great job so far and will only get better.

2 Likes

I watched the last quarter again and it was great to see him take a few marks. His last quarter was pretty important and should build his confidence.

1 Like

Good fluff piece with Hooksy. So much to like about what he brings to the team and he is still rusty. Just wait till the clunking makes a return.

2 Likes

whattaguy

He is still ‘blowing out the cobwebs’

A bit unexpected i wasn’t imagining him to be the alastair lynch type goal square monster forward but that’s how he has kicked most of his goals so far. He does look slow some times when chasing but I’ve been impressed that he has been contributing whilst looking very underdone that’s usually the sign of a good forward.

I hadn’t made the Lynch connection, but it seems an accurate one.

Loved the big contested marks at chf and laying off quick to the runners.

His size is drawing men in to the contest and making room at his feet for his crumbers. We’ve seen this both weeks.

JD and hooksey only spoiled each other once this week if I recall. There chemistry seems to fleeing over from 2015 much quicker than we could have hoped for.

Really we couldn’t have hoped for more from over the first couple of weeks.

I’m looking forward to seeing how our forward line and fast ball movent function on the smaller quicker confines of docklands against a relatively slow dees side in a month.

2 Likes

Needs to start clunking, or move him back and bring in Steward.

1 Like

We only had 37 ■■■■■■ inside 50’s that were all kicked to 2 on 1’s and most fell short of him. Good luck expecting any forward to do anything with that.

7 Likes

He tried taking mark of the ■■■■■■■ year in the pouring rain about 4 times. Stupid game from him

2 Likes

Yep. When the whole forward line fail to fire in monsoonal conditions, it is a bit harsh to lay the blame at the feet of the talls.

Unless it’s Langford of course.

13 Likes

His one stinker of the year hopefully.

Hooker played a decent game considering the conditions - he was our best forward - Name one forward from both teams who played well.

SPS

1 Like

Need Hooker forward, he is taking away a good defender. He commands it…if you have Stewart in there the defender would have more confidence to peal off and go third man up. Just my opinion