#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Is this guy just a list hogger now, honestly is it working as a forward, really frustrated with his efforts as a forward.

1 Like

Ball was barely down there.

10inside 50’s a quarter is not enough. And half those were probably rubbish kicks that weren’t to advantage of our fwds.

1 Like

Shouldn’t of played tonight. Looked proppy from the start and reckon he was still carrying that knock from last week

1 Like

Looked off mentally to me. Dropped some simple marks he’d have clunked otherwise and it cost us goals. And made some poor decisions. Maybe not quite right, but he’s still learning the trade.

1 Like

Wasn’t he AA full back once. can not do the forward thing, really looks lost. Should of switched Hurley and Hooker at some stage in that game. Think it lost us the game.

IForwards have an off day from time to time. Especially if ball barely down there.

He was top 20 in goals kicked for the year before this round.

Hooker was not the issue, albeit he didn’t play well

Our turnovers which then caused a shithouse amount of inside 50’s was

4 Likes

He was deplorable tonight, dropping simple marks throughout the game.

2 Likes

Not his best night by a long way.

Still created more contests on the wing than he did in the forward line (Not that it got down there often)

Dropped far too many marks that he would normally clunk.

2 Likes

3 goals he should of kicked and some turnovers due to his incapability to do second efforts as a forward, looks laconic, looks a show pony. Yes I am being harsh but Cale if you are going to be there you have to do the job. when he was Defender showed more heart IMO

1 Like

I was fuming when he didnt pass to green in the square from the hard angle.

4 Likes

And doesn’t kick goals from set shots…ever

He was worst on tonight and that’s saying a lot considering the game Colyer played.

2 Likes

The problem with hooker forward is when he does mark it his kicking for goal is terrible

Should of swapped him and hurley aroubd for the last qtr.

1 Like

Hurley will NEVER play forward again!
Hooker should of swapped with Hartley

5 Likes

Beyond terrible tonight.

Dropped 2 absolute sitters in our forward 50 then one more to give Richmond the game.

Reckon he would and should be filthy at his game tonight.

I wonder if Francis is fit enough to play his role and send Hooker back. Him, Ambrose and Hurley would be seriously ■■■■■■■ good

I will say it again AA fullback.

1 Like

Hooker was always 0% chance of kicking that goal.

1 Like

Lol. All Hooksys fault eh?
Had a dirty day like a lot did … get a grip gooses.

6 Likes

Hartley is developing quite slowly and with each week that goes by, Daniher, Stewart, Fantasia, Green and Tippa are far more potent than what Cale is up forward and he just seems to be a bit lost.

He should be moved back to help out Hurley as we need some more intercept marking and it is where Cale plays his best footy.

We actually have enough scoring options up forward for the first time in almost 15 years.

We went in too tall and dropping Hartley and moving Hooker back and bringing in a smaller player, really could of helped us.

1 Like

Rubbish. Ok, Hooker had a bad game. But he’s been vital to our forward structure all year. The only other player who might be able to play the same role is Belly.

Nb. Francis was pretty meh in the VFL.

5 Likes