#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

You might even say very meh. Wasn’t a great outing for the frang this eve.

1 Like

Please. Stewart did 3/5ths of ■■■■ all and only beat Hooker in the sense that he was nowhere near the ball so couldn’t make the mistakes that Hooker did. Hooker has been fine until this week. Not to mention Stewart would have it harder if Hooker wasn’t drawing a defender away. Ambrose will come in to replace Hartley. And we weren’t too tall, we were just ■■■■, regardless of height.

1 Like

He seemed to have trouble keeping his feet, and that was before the rain. Couldn’t hold a mark to save himself. Looked very sluggish, maybe its his turn for a rest?

Was he drunk?

3 Likes

Definitely sluggish, and it didnt help that Rance went to him, and ran off him.
Richmond made a good decision with that matchup.

Dropped marks ? Yes he hasnt got back his best marking ability, but he still has 22 contested marks, double what Joey has taken this year.

He is wasted in the fwd line.

1 Like

One fkn off week and people cry for him to be down back again

Our whole forward line was off by a mile. Raz, Tippa, green and Stewart also did zero

8 Likes

Not gonna lie, that was on Ty Zantuci levels of bad from Mr Hooker.

1 Like

Spot on. People pls. Had a really dirty night but he has been pretty good up until then and he is needed in the fowardline. He is undisputadley our best option.

2 Likes

100% spot on.
I’m so sick of people suggesting Hurley forward

3 Likes

Morning after chuckle there, … sorely needed, ta.

Hooker had a bad night last night, as did most of the forward group & the reason for that was the poor entries we had for most of the night. Poor ball use and panic long bombs to outnumbered situations gave all the forwards little chance, Hooker included. Tackles inside 50 is another stat affected by this. Personally, I prefer Hooker playing in defence but have accepted the coaching group are going to use him as a forward and he’s done a decent job to this point. As much as last nights game fkg stings, we blew a massive opportunity, I don’t believe taking away our defensive general in Hurley would’ve made us a lot better the way the majority of the team butchered the footy. I’m backing Hooksy to bounce back hard next week.

2 Likes

Out of the returning players at EFC, Hurley is in the best form.

Mental or physical problems with his game last night? Probably a bit of both but when you drop the easiest of marks something ain’t right. He’s a proud man and would be dirty on himself so (providing he’s not carrying an injury) I fully expect him to bounce back hard and put in a strong one against GWS.

1 Like

I’ll get flamed for this but we shouldn’t have offered him a massive contract and let him go to freo. Would’ve most likely ended up with pick 1 and 2 in the draft and could’ve really attacked the draft hard. Just my opinion which probably kick off ww3 but I’ll stand by it

1 Like

It was a viable alternative. Hindsight on whether we contested with this group will show if we made the right call.

Bit of a gutless call. If you made it at the time different story. So yes cop a flame. Hell come good and repay. Its the sort of bloke he is.

2 Likes

NAH I was dissapointed at the time as well and it’s even more dissapointing that we have an AA defender but using him as a forward which is just an average one Atm that

1 Like

I don’t know about Bomber93 specifically, but there were threads discussing this on the trade board.

In fairness he would have been bullied out of ever returning to Blitz