#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Hooker to kick 5 this week.

4 Likes

Idea of Hooker back and francis forward isnt the worst, in fact some in BlitZ would he happy.

1 Like

Francis is so very very not ready to be a full-forward. I donā€™t think he is ready to even be an AFL player.

Needs more time.

If we are at the stage where Francis is our answer, then the cue is in the rack for the year.

1 Like

Francis hopefully next season other wise I will start getting concerned.

Maybe football is very different to life in general, but I have always had the view in my business that you utilize your peoples strengths and donā€™t get too concerned over weaknesses, unless its gonna land you in jail. So I would always play Mr Hooker at CHB.

That said, he has not played many games as a forward and everyone has bad games; and Gary Lyon is an arsewipe.

4 Likes

Iā€™m strongly in the Hooker back camp.
But Lyon is talking sh*t. Hooker had a bad game, simple as that. Heā€™s done a good job up forward. But he is an elite defender.

1 Like

Gary Lyon is a muppet with an opinion. We all have one.

Cale stood by this club and I will never forget that. He has strength in character and will come good in the forward line (this year).

One bad game and that flog has something to say.

6 Likes

FINALLY. Iā€™d been waiting nearly two days to hear what Garry Lyon thought.

14 Likes

Whatā€™s Tim Watsonā€™s username on Blitz?

Drop Hooker for Francis?

1 Like

Whereā€™s Ambrose?

Had a bad night like most of the team. I for one certainly wont be reading any more into it then that. Has been great this year. I especially liked it in the WC and Geelong games when he would drop back for the last few mins of a quarter if we had lost momentum. Extremely important player.

He should have dropped back for the last 30 minutes of the last 3 quarters on saturday night then :slight_smile:

Well looks like Hookerā€™s totally failed as a forward because of one poor game and because Gary - of all people - said soā€¦

What a ā– ā– ā– ā– 

4 Likes

Heā€™s had at least 3 poor games - Carlton and Adelaide too.

He was even worse in the former than the Richmond game and wasnā€™t alone in the latter.

Whether we like it or not, heā€™s not going to have a great game every week. Heā€™s doing whatā€™s best for the team and that is making it easier for Joe, who is reaping the rewards. With a game like Saturday, itā€™s not his fault that we couldnā€™t move the ball forward well through the midfield. The lack of ball movement probably factored into those dropped marks, the ball wanā€™t going in his direction. We donā€™t have anyone else to fill that position, and even if we did, our defence is performing well, so itā€™s not like we desperately need him down back.

2 Likes

Bowled Garry!

2 Likes

Sounds like G Lyon watched his first Essendon game this year. To be fair if that was the first game you saw of Essendon you would think Hooker was brand new to the whole AFL thing.

Thereā€™s no doubt he had an absolute 'mare and I think he got in his own head. It looked like Rance had him beat before the first bounce just by virtue of going over to him and not Joe. Heā€™ll learn from that and be better for it next week.

1 Like

While Hooker probably needs a rocket, Garry Lyon can get stuffed.

6 Likes

I think Hooker probably needs to shift back. He is brilliant there and little more than a random tall up forward. Move Hartley or Brown forward into the random tall role.

1 Like

I donā€™t think there is a ā€˜rightā€™ or ā€˜wrongā€™ here. I think he is a terrific defender and mediocre forwardā€¦ I have like some of what he has done up front but I still feel he would offer far more value down back.

At the end of the day, woosha wonā€™t change itā€¦ so he will either make it as a forward or he will eventually get dropped. Iā€™m pretty sure we are all hoping for the former!

I donā€™t think he deserves the amount of hate he is getting over Saturday nightā€¦ he was clearly one of our worst and had a stinker but no doubt he was playing injured and every player (even great ones) have off days.

1 Like