#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

CLUNK

I think I actually saw Hooker get it tonight, that he can take those sort of big defensive clunks that had him AA defender form, but this time he’s the one who’s allowed to do it rather than defending it. He used to take those huge grabs two to three times a game in his best years, was only a matter of time before he got the confidence back to do it up forward.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he actually goes up another gear, at his best is a contested pack mark machine.

4 Likes

Take me down to the clunk city where the top knot’s cool and the goals are pretty.

28 Likes

Has had a very impressive first half of the season given he could barely run at all because of his hammy prior to round 1.

1 Like

The only thing that changed last night was that he held onto them.
He could’ve had that game on a number of occasions this season if his marks had stuck.
His straight kicking also helped.
So happy for him.

1 Like

Another game like that against Sydney and the rest of the comps backman will be getting night terrors prior to playing us.

How do you stop a pack marking beast when you also have to man a giraff who can slam them home for 65 out.

Oh and if you do get lucky to spoil, Razzle Dazzle, Tippa and the Corgy will be there to either mop up and goal or hunt you like a cheetah.

2 Likes

One day Im going to make a compilation video or at atleast GIF of him going nuts after every goal he’s kicked in his career.

17 Likes

On track for a 45+ goal season. I’d have taken that any day of the week pre season.

2 Likes

Great game last night. I reckon we haven’t see the best of him yet. Will kick a big bag soon. Almost unstoppable when Clunk Mode is engaged.

1 Like

Play him on a wing

So much clunk city on replay.

More pack splitters plse.

Fantastic game, so pleasing to see him get the rewards this week. He is building and will continue to improve in the role. Kicking straight certainly helps! ■■■■ I love our forwardline.

1 Like

Vaccinations are wasted on him, the ■■■■■■■ catches everything

3 Likes

Honestly, given our last decade of goal scoring options, anything over 30 goals is a win.

Going to be a long video

Might be a feature film

1 Like

2009 Matthew Lloyd 35
2010 Angus Monfries 24
2011 Stewart Crameri 34
2012 Stewart Crameri 32
2013 Stewart Crameri 30

This year is like magic having Joe, Hooker and Fanta all on track for 40+

1 Like

People laughed at me when i suggested he and JD would go close to kicking 100 between them this year. They’re right on the required run rate at the moment with plenty of scope for improvement as cale continues to find his rythem and the team gels more, not to mention a softer draw.

I reckon 120 is a chance

somebody needs to GIF that contested mark in the 2nd quarter. CLUNK!!!

Surely the “Hooker forward or back” argument was put to bed on the weekend. He obliterated Hombsch in a quarter and a half, and then when Port finally made a change, Daniher continued to obliterate Hombsch. You might be able to stop one, but it’s gonna be hard stopping both.

I’ve been a fan of Hooker since day 1, and have always watched him closely.

But I’ve never seen anything previous that would suggest that ‘Left foot snap at goal’ was in his trick bag, but he’s shown a few times this year that it is.

7 Likes