#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

He’s certainly used it a few times for set shots on the tight angle, with success.

The left foot snap was probably my fav goal of the night, because it was so unlikely given the 1 against 2, and his reaction once it sailed through.
Plus I was right there on level 2 and had a great vantage point of that contest.

His strength and ability to keep his feet is such an asset.

4 Likes

People on here were saying the same after Carlisle kicked 8 in a game.

Let’s just see if he can continue to replicate those types of performances and temper expectations a little.

He is an asset no matter where you play him.

He doesn’t need to replicate that type of performance (though it would be good). He just needs to contribute a couple of goals a game every game, which on average he has been doing.

He is on track for a 45 goal year which in the past would have won him the Club’s goal scoring award every year since 2009.

At the moment I think Hooker adds more to the forward line than he does to the back line i.e. the back line are structured up pretty well and going ok without him, but the forward line structure would suffer if he wasn’t there.

11 Likes

IF Joe can kick 65-70, Hooksy and Raz 45, and Stewart(/Lang/Francis, whoever we end up with there) and Tippa 30-35, that’s a great spread of goalkickers.

2 Likes

Have we already outscored our 2016 total? Just on the goalkickers, it seems so.

No.

200 last year, 169 this

So should notch it up this next game against @Diggers’ mob

2 Likes

Not so sure. Hooker may be needed down the other end on L FRANKLIN!

It doesn’t matter who we play on Franklin, he always smashes us. Might as well play Hooksy where he can do some damage.

2 Likes

and he can continue to for it counts to their W-L column. Leading the coleman and they’ve been shithouse for large portions of the start of the year.

Carlisle’s issues were all in his head though, and had nothing to do with his ability as a forward. Cale wants to be the guy up front.

8 Likes

Yup, … likes the responsibility & the Limelight.

Almost every player would prefer to be the high marking, goal kicking fwd, … unless he’s a Carlisle type sook.

2 Likes

Hurley never really struck me as a sook.

1 Like

Seeing the ball clatter off his wrists tho

1 Like

Ol’ trampoline hands

2 Likes

Yeah, . ummm, coz he wasn’t.

What are you saying,.I don’t get it’s relevance.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

1 Like

What I meant was Hurley didn’t prefer being a high marking, goal kicking forward and also wasn’t a Carlisle type sook about it.

If that wasn’t clear I guess I just misunderstood your “almost… unless” construction. Carry on.

2 Likes

Actually think Hurls liked it there, and tried his arsse off,… just kept getting injured, and couldn’t take a mark with his wrists as they were.

Pretty sure he is on record to say he would much prefers being a backman.

And again, Hurley isn’t a sook.

He is. Several times.

And no he’s not.