#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Walla

1 Like

10/10 to that sub-editor.

Article Headline: McKernan ‘ready to go’ as key Don’s replacement

Photo: Dumbest photo of McNernan we could find!

3 Likes

Good timing for smack to have a spot open up for him, considering he was BOG in the vfl pre bye

2 Likes

He will come in firing wanting to prove himself and will kick a few. Swans job on stopping our forward line has not been made any easier just because Hooker is out. I was always thinking that Smack could take Hooker’s place if ever needed. I hope he does well and we smash these birds to kingdom come. We haven’t beaten them for ages.

3 Likes

We all know it will be 6 weeks

2 Likes

I agree that Smack can cause headaches - is creative, v good at ground level for a bloke his size. can kink up…
However - what’s stretched opp defense this year is that Hooker will usually beat any defender 1on1, as will JoeD - so no “cheating” or over-helping out.
It’s like guarding GS - can’t cheat on defense cos there are too many players that’ll punish you.
I don’t think Smack brings that to the table. If he’d be the 3rd tall besides Joe and Hooker - wow what headaches he’d cause. But with Stewart beside him - the opp won’t be as worried about peeling off eachother to help out and nullify.
oh well - let’s see what happens…

That’s Essendon-speak for “it’s an 8 week injury”

That is true what you are saying. I just think that Smack does have other qualities that could be a headache for the Swans. He is big and doesn’t shirk a contest and can kick a bag if given half a chance. He is an accurate kick too and can mark. Like I said he would have to be switched on and not have any brain fades. His VFL performances have shown he is in form so let’s hope he can do some damage tomorrow night.

1 Like

Here birdy birdy.

2 Likes

We are having a weird year injury wise. Basically no match-day injuries of note so far (apart from Brown) but a heap of freak training injuries (Ambrose, Parish, Lav, Hooker…)

Pretty please, delete your post. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Since when does a dislocated finger cause a player to miss a week? It’s 50 years of Sheedy so maybe that’s an omen.

Damian Parrot being a flog as usual on the sliding doors.

If you saw Buddy Franklin walking out of the Bondi surf and then clicking his heels on Thursday evening … then … it was after he’d heard Hooker had been ruled out.

Does he not realise Hooker plays as a forward?

2 Likes

Damian thinks Buddy is a backman. When you account for that, then everything he says makes sense.

1 Like

Anyone watching our last two games who doesn’t see how much we need Hooker forward had rocks in their head. The number of times we went into the F50 and Hooker would have halved the contest at least was so clear. Was a big factor in our performance.

2 Likes

But I heard Stewart was the linchpin

I’m not sure he understands the ‘sliding doors’ concept.

He may have been the difference on Friday night. He would have gone down back the last few minutes and played an important part.

4 Likes

Having to pull Daniher back and not have any presence in the forward 50 in the last few minutes (Zerrets clearance to Raz out numbered) most definitely cost us

2 Likes