#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Bump

Won us the game.

7 Likes

Love how he just shoves blokes around, not much animosity there, just a bit of F off this is my turf.

Should’ve had 7-8 today.

You get 100% effort from him every week unlike some others. He was having a very bad day at the office to start but just kept on persevering.

5 Likes

Reckon every interview he gives they ask him about the wine. Has anyone had a crack at it?

oops

1 Like

Nice to have another big forward who gets involved in the score when Joe doesn’t.

1 Like

First part was right, he won’t reach the same levels as a forward as he did as a defender, but that probably says more about how good he was as a defender than it does as a forward.

Up to 32 goals, hopefully he can get to 50. Pretty ■■■■■■■ good if you ask me

4 Likes

Yes. We bought a couple of cases of the Shiraz last year.

Lovely wine.

4 Likes

How many of our last 10 season’s would 32 goals have won our leading goal kicker? As you say, doing pretty good.

The title of this thread could not have been more apt today

3 Likes

But still NOT A FORWARD! though …

2 Likes

Lots of teams would love a “non-forward” like Hooker kicking a bag and winning a game for his team.

5 Likes

Head down, run as fast as he can at the man on the mark, kick the hell out of the ball at his head and hope he ducks… sometimes it even works.

6 Likes

Hears a few comments on how we can’t get away with him being so quite and then switching it on in a game like that.

Playing forward is a tough gig. They don’t always have to kick a bag and the best thing about us now is that you never know who will pop up.

But I’ll take him having a poor game but standing up when it matters and almost single handidly draging us over the line with burst impact any day of the week.

If it were JD people would be frothing. But Hooksey ain’t fashionable, his great attitude and constant effort are immeasurable.

10 Likes

And that young fella playing on him (or maybe some of his Norf team mates) must have been a bit too chirpy.

You don’t see him reacting like that normally. I mean he loves a goal (which I enjoy seeing) but it’s usually reflected in positive celebration. This was different. That bit where he slapped him had me in stitches. And it lead to an easy shot from a 50M.

I like it a lot.

3 Likes

Completely off the boil for 3 quarters then wins us the game in 1 quarter.

5 Likes

Forwardiest forward to ever forward!

1 Like

I agree whole heartedly, but the team needs him up forward this year, I have feeling he’ll move back next year.
But I reckon he’s a great old fashioned full forward, making leads out of the box and staying inside 50…
Get him up on the wings like Stewart and he struggles a bit, just doesn’t have the kick forward…

2 Likes

On the Sunday Footy Show later, apparently North were upset that he was giving Neilson a bit of stick after each goal :laughing:

11 Likes