#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

It poses some issues for us should he be rubbed out. Hooker plays more of a bullocking role, he’s our bail out kick, strong in the air, body-on-body player and he is generally close to goal. And we’ve also seen him shift to the backline at times to end quarters or if we are under the pump to provide extra reinforcement to the defence. I don’t see Stewart playing that role. Keep him as he is, maybe we have to wind the clock back to 2014 and play Ambrose (provided he is fit enough) as that down low target? The last time Hooksey missed was v Sydney and McKernan played in his place and aside from goals either side of 3QT didn’t have much influence in that role. Do we go the other way and maybe bring Leuey on to ruck and Bellchambers be that tall target in attack? I hope he doesn’t get cited, or is free to play with a fine…

That was my first thought, or even Leuey in the f50.

I don’t think a fine is an option under the interpretation. He either gets off entirely due to insufficient force or he gets a week.
Jumper punches are now graded as intentional contact so even with low impact they still amount to a 2 match ban, down to 1 with a good record.
Greene will get 2 for his because he’s got a bad record.

They fined them the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

Has anyone actually seen said jumper punch?

Martin’s wasn’t determined as a strike. They charged him with “unneccesary contact to the face”. Possibly do to lack of clear footage I think. Convenient I know.
It’s the MRPchooklotto so what happens could be anyone’s guess. But it doesn’t sound too promising if he did indeed flush him.

1 Like

All from sixty plus out.

Didn’t Cotchin fair whack someone to the chin and they fined him for insufficient contact?

Actually let me rephrase that…they fined him and said it was insufficient contact for a suspension.

Sploosh

1 Like

So is this a leak from the MRP?

Governance failure?

The hooker jumper punch is up on the afl website(mrp video) he takes a swipe but im not even sure it actuslly connects. The norf guy doesnt flinch at all when hooker swipes so he should be fine.

Fine at most

We’ve got 5 hours of speculation to look forward to don’t we

2 Likes

So due to the Essendon loading we can expect a week.

Fine at the most imo.

1 Like

It looks like it was an open hand (the potential high hit). Not a closed fist.

I’d appeal if he gets a week.

Looks that way. Didn’t even have a fist full of jumper.

1 Like

I agree, he didn’t have the jumper in hand at all. More forceful shoving, open hand that pushed high of the chest and grazed the chin.

Not sure how the reviewer can call them jumper punches at all?

clearly open hand and it’s his fingers touching the chin. Was a shove not a jumper punch. If he gets one week for that then the MRP is definitely a joke and the club has to appeal.

We all know what will happen.

8 Likes

would be appealing in a heartbeat if he got a week.

I’m not sure why they’re classifying it as a jumper punch on the AFL website?! And not only that, saying it’ll get a week. Am I missing something?!

1 Like