#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

No, not in the slightest bit worried. 35 goals with 3 games left, will kick over 40 goals for the year. Could have 40 now and on track for a 50 goal year if his kicking the last 2 weeks was better. He’s only a new forward as we know, so hopefully he can improve his set shots

2 Likes

If only he could kick straight.

There is ZERO confidence when he is having a set shot.

I give him 10% when he is outside 20m on any angle.

Should have kicked 6 today

Said on the ABC that he was kicking the ball well, but couldn’t get a read on the wind. Hmmm.

I reckon half the replies to this post will be “oh well, its good that he recognises his mistakes and is learning from them” and the other half will be “he’s delusional, his kicking was atrocious.”

3 Likes

Never in doubt

No.

How can you kick it well when you charge in like a freight train and slam it onto your boot. You’ve got ■■■■ all chance to actually time it.

3 Likes

If he can fix his kicking then we have a good forward, he gets lots of opportunities.

He is a spud, i like him alot but he is a spud the same the carlscum spud up forward

If he was kicking for my life … id be swimming with the fishes

Blame the wind for those kicks…says Hooker.

He is not a spud.

8 Likes

I hope EFC/Cale invest in a good psychologist, it’s all between the ears with his kicking. Should have kicked close to 50 this year considering his chances

Frustrating to watch kicking for goal. But his endeavor, marking and what he does for our structure are crucial.

5 Likes

Don’t call him a spud. How would you like to be called a spud. More respect please.

7 Likes

So frustrating but at the very least the one that really really counted he kicked, probably because the law of probability meant he had no more misses left.

We have an unbelievable marker, and while he was very inaccurate, looking at his set shot routine it is probably the most fixable I’ve ever seen. He does something different every time and he is most accurate when he takes a longer run up and kicks it with good but sensible strength.

Probably the worst set shot routine and action i have ever seen. Just charges in and stabs at it as hard as possible.

His ball drop just makes it worse

2 Likes

The last goal was a classic.
His leg swings right to left.
Takes a good grab in 4th quarters though.

His last quarter was immense. When the heat was on ine stood up. Just like he did in the North game. He has been instrumental in keeping us in the running.

3 Likes

Was on track to make salmon’s 1.7 thank you mr hooker for kicking that last one

2 Likes

Bit harsh calling him a spud.
Said it last week I’ll say it again
As a forward he is a liability
With all the chances he gets he should have kicked 4 today EASILY. Most misses were within 25m slight angle at worst. Lucky to get another shot after he hit the post with 5min to play.
Love his endeavour and he bleeds red and black but last week he cost us the game and nearly did it again this week. Having a big bodied player that competes up forward is crucial to our structure. But he also needs to kick goals from all this opportunities. I reckon we can do better than Hooker.
He is a one trick pony ; he can mark. If the ball is delivered where it suits his big body. No ground skills, can’t chase, can’t kick goals.

The leap of love here is a joke. Only missed one today. Took a heap of contrasted marks and provided a target. Stewart was alright early but he and green missed easier shots than most of hooksy!! Its the midfield that’s the problem.