#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Only missed one? What game were you at. Fact is he kicked 2.5 and one oob and one fell short on the line from 30.
If anyone other than Casboult has a set shot to give Carlton back the lead in the last 4min we probably lose the game. Casbolt from the goal square is likely to miss. Oh, and Hooker did that last week. That’s after Hooker missed a simple shot that hit the post. After a 30m shot doesn’t make the distance. He was dead set lucky to get a FINAL chance from 20m dead in front to make amends and on the balance of probabilities finally kicked one.
Thank god for Heppell, Zaha and Tippa who refused to surrender

What game were you watching? I think he kicked 2.5. If you want to call that 1, that’s o.k.

Good thing we won by less than 2.5.17 then.

(Our best scorers made 20 and 19.)

1 Like

BS

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.makeagif.com%2Fmedia%2F4-13-2015%2FW-bf4c.gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fdiscourse.bomberblitz.com%2Ft%2Fbest-essendon-gifs%2F1331%3Fpage%3D31&docid=REJaZpmTSF7O6M&tbnid=EiBSruULbCHIpM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiO5Kvu5b_VAhWGp5QKHRTjBqUQMwh3KBIwEg..i&w=320&h=181&client=ms-android-telstra-au&bih=560&biw=360&q=essendon%20gif&ved=0ahUKEwiO5Kvu5b_VAhWGp5QKHRTjBqUQMwh3KBIwEg&iact=mrc&uact=8

1 Like

Yes he should be kicking those set shots and yes he has made some seriously dumb decisions to play on but the same people that are calling him a liability would be praising the rise of Joe Daniher. If Hooker wasn’t there taking a key defender every week, because he demands that kind of attention, Joe would be fighting off three defenders blocking his run and going up with him every single game. We’d have the same overly familiar dysfunctional forward set up which has plagued the club for the better part of ten years. Until we can pair someone better with Daniher then he stays there. No effing idea some of you.

13 Likes

Better than sleeping with them

6 Likes

I was watching on the scoreboard when Hooker was lining up for that last goal. I’m pretty sure he turned to one of his team mates and said “I’ll kick this”. Fantastic self belief given how much of a wobbly day he’d had in front of goal. I would have been ■■■■■■■ my pants in his situation and I suspect most of the posters on this board saying Essendon are ‘mentally weak’ (from the comfort of their lounge rooms) would too.

1 Like

I recon he would make a very good fullback.

1 Like

Name the player on our list that overall can give more than him right now in that position?

Yeah that Hooker just gave up and walked away, didn’t influence anything at all in the last. It’s not like he has virtually made his career on never giving up or anything.

6 Likes

I’m claiming the last one he actually kicked. Literally wrapped my scarf around my head so I couldn’t see. Worked a treat. Moments later the Carlton chap I was sitting next too asked if he could borrow my scarf as Levi was lining up. Obviously I declined and Levi missed.

16 Likes

Yep your correct. Just like a clock you got right once today.

1 Like

Bar his set shot kicking I love him forward

5 Likes

Daniher would have kicked 20% less goals if Hooker was not the 2nd tall.
Fantasia would have suffered
Stewart would have suffered

Hooker is immense for our structure. He should have kicked 6 easily today, but at least he is clunking marks and getting shots on goal.

And tbh, he looks like he has lost a yard of pace, which I wouldn’t want exposed down back at all…

5 Likes

Yep. Yep. Yep. Need to just auto post this as a reply to every Facebook group or similar post about Hooker not being a forward and needing to be moved back. Many thanks.

1 Like

If he could kick, he’d be a very dangerous forward.

He can’t kick though… So he’s only a solid-at-best forward.

I still think he could end up back at full back next year, but that’s more to do with Hartley’s form than Cale’s kicking.

I’d rather play mitch brown when fit than Hartley and keep hooker forward. He’s gonna kick 40 for the year and that’s a damn solid effort, and 40 goal a year forwards are hard to find

5 Likes

Hooksey baby!!

Will get his kicking back. It’s all that’s missing atm, and just like JD, it has been there, and will be there again.

5 Likes

I think Hooker is a great forward. Leads well, marks well. People are assuming that anyone would be getting the same shots but he’s getting those shots because he’s leading well and marking well. No one else on our list would be getting into the same positions as he is. He’s kicked 35 odd goals so far, on track for 40+. We pretty much have to hope he kicks straight.

7 Likes

Also no one else can give a gorilla chest thump quite like him after kicking his first after 4 misses.

5 Likes

Haha what’s the go with shutting one eye when lining up for goal, like he’s shooting a gun, never seen that on the football field before.

1 Like