#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker

It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

If we said before the season (which I did) that Joey and Hooker would kick 100 goals between them we would consider it a pass. Expectation before the season was Joey 60 goals and Hooker 40 goals. And keep in mind these were high expectations.

They should and will both exceed these expectations which is a phenomonal effort.

He may never be a great kick for goal, but he brings something to the forward line that NO ONE on our list can bring.

Might be in a who can miss more shoot out with Jenkins on Sunday?

The game on the weekend reminded me of the Classic video of Essendon’s 1993 premiership year. M Thompson gleefully recounts each game and discusses the ins n outs of the performances. Fast forward to the round 16 Essendon V West Coast encounter. This game is famous for two things. 1) K Sheedy going ape with his jacket on victory and 2) D Kickett taking a fantastic contested mark on none other than J Wooshfold, going back and slotting arguably the best torpedo goal you will ever see from well inside the centre square at the MCG. Less well know is P Salmon’s goal kicking efforts. He had kicked something like 6x behinds in a row and took a contested mark on G Jakovich very late in the game. M Thompson when narrating the game said “If he missed another one I was going to punch him myself”. Same could have been said about Hooker. They both went back and scored crucial goals which has kept their respective sides in the hunt for finals. I’m not one for omens but if you were looking for one, that one is pretty good.

His second efforts have been a feature, as has his ability to keep his feet after the contest, when his opponent(s) go to ground. I can certainly recall him snapping goals from general play too.

Its amazing you mention that. As when he was lining up for the shot that was the exact thing i was thinking of as well.

I wonder if Harvey was clenching his fist in the coaches box

On the radio a few weeks ago they were calling his goal-kicking routine the ‘Usain’ run up.

It did seem appropriate.

I don’t think he started the season with such a fast approach. So that says to me that he is still trying new adjustments to find a successful routine. I expect it to settle eventually, with a higher rate of success, but might have to wait until after next preseason.

Daniher has been a full time forward since pretty much starting playing afl.
Hooker has been a woeful kick his whole career and is now expected to kick it through 2 posts.

Most of his goals have come from snaps or around the corners. 40 goals or not with a team that relies so much on confidence IMO you can’t have someone who’s constantly missing easy set shots. It’s a cancer that runs through this side quicker than the ball coming out of the center square with our plodder midfielders.

Or we could just kick deep into the forward line, JD being double teamed because he’d be the only viable marking target without Hooker there, and have the ball rebound back out of our F50 once again.
Because that’s great for the confidence and doesn’t sound like anything like the last decade of the EFC.

Lol. Probably.

Right on L2L! They are a dangerous pair who worry most of, of not all the other sides. Such a delight to have a forward line that kicks so many goals.

Pretty windy at Etihad too, obviously.

When he starts his runup it sounds like in his head a train whistle is going off ‘woo woo’ then hes making train noises in his head before forgetting wtf hes meant to be doing and kicking the ball like some kid in auskick that thinks the power comes from the balldrop, not the leg.

It’s all true. What worries me more, is the coaches don’t seem to think it’s something that needs addressing - and he thinks it’s about the wind. Needs to get out there with Raz to talk him through a walking in and timing his kick.

Maybe, just maybe, they are trolling everyone… because blind Freddie can see his goal-kicking technique deficiencies. Maybe they’re just sick of everyone playing Captain Obvious.

Well ■■■■, if a club that hasn’t win a final in over a decade decides to troll people, questions should be asked. Feel like we’ve got bomber’s coke cooked brain leading us again sometimes.

May end up kicking in excess of 40 goals by seasons end. I call that a success by any standard. Has been part of the most productive forward line we have had for a possibly a decade. Any issues with the team I do not suspect are in the forward line… Look at the Port and St Kilda games, when our midfield break even or are on top we win games.

How many players in the AFL have had more shots on goal then Hooker over the past 3 weeks?

Kennedy surely?

charging for the coleman like hooker in his run up.

Hooker without kicks on the full
7 vs blues
3 vs doggies
7 vs Kangas

Kennedy

Yep thats one for sure, maybe Brown another would have to check though. Would have thought he would be in the top few anyway.

browns seeing the solar system going around his head at the moment, probably lost his chance for the coleman.