#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

On the radio a few weeks ago they were calling his goal-kicking routine the ‘Usain’ run up.

It did seem appropriate.

I don’t think he started the season with such a fast approach. So that says to me that he is still trying new adjustments to find a successful routine. I expect it to settle eventually, with a higher rate of success, but might have to wait until after next preseason.

Daniher has been a full time forward since pretty much starting playing afl.
Hooker has been a woeful kick his whole career and is now expected to kick it through 2 posts.

Most of his goals have come from snaps or around the corners. 40 goals or not with a team that relies so much on confidence IMO you can’t have someone who’s constantly missing easy set shots. It’s a cancer that runs through this side quicker than the ball coming out of the center square with our plodder midfielders.

Or we could just kick deep into the forward line, JD being double teamed because he’d be the only viable marking target without Hooker there, and have the ball rebound back out of our F50 once again.
Because that’s great for the confidence and doesn’t sound like anything like the last decade of the EFC.

7 Likes

Lol. Probably.

1 Like

Right on L2L! They are a dangerous pair who worry most of, of not all the other sides. Such a delight to have a forward line that kicks so many goals.

Pretty windy at Etihad too, obviously.

When he starts his runup it sounds like in his head a train whistle is going off ‘woo woo’ then hes making train noises in his head before forgetting wtf hes meant to be doing and kicking the ball like some kid in auskick that thinks the power comes from the balldrop, not the leg.

7 Likes

It’s all true. What worries me more, is the coaches don’t seem to think it’s something that needs addressing - and he thinks it’s about the wind. Needs to get out there with Raz to talk him through a walking in and timing his kick.

Maybe, just maybe, they are trolling everyone… because blind Freddie can see his goal-kicking technique deficiencies. Maybe they’re just sick of everyone playing Captain Obvious.

Well ■■■■, if a club that hasn’t win a final in over a decade decides to troll people, questions should be asked. Feel like we’ve got bomber’s coke cooked brain leading us again sometimes.

1 Like

May end up kicking in excess of 40 goals by seasons end. I call that a success by any standard. Has been part of the most productive forward line we have had for a possibly a decade. Any issues with the team I do not suspect are in the forward line… Look at the Port and St Kilda games, when our midfield break even or are on top we win games.

1 Like

How many players in the AFL have had more shots on goal then Hooker over the past 3 weeks?

Kennedy surely?

charging for the coleman like hooker in his run up.

Hooker without kicks on the full
7 vs blues
3 vs doggies
7 vs Kangas

Kennedy

Yep thats one for sure, maybe Brown another would have to check though. Would have thought he would be in the top few anyway.

browns seeing the solar system going around his head at the moment, probably lost his chance for the coleman.

2 Likes

Congratulations to Cane on this GOTY nomination

17 Likes

I loved his audacity, not only to kick a goal on the run from the pocket but the audacity to celebrate when he kicked his 4 goals.

7 Likes

The only downside, is that he had to TELL Colyer to apply the sheperd

Maybe he will next time and going fwd knowing Cane is getting confident and proving that Yes, … he can Forward, … just like the best.

He will kick 50 or 60 next year, he’s really growing into it, just as he has in any other task he’s been given over the years, and *cough, … just as I said he would on the basis of that trait.

6 Likes

Cane is Able.

6 Likes

Only way to make that goal better is to have done it against Sydney, with Buddy chasing him.

12 Likes