#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

I can live with it providing he is back for week 2 to beat his chest like a fkn ape when he bombs the sealer that sinks Richmond

1 Like

How do you get bone bruising in a warm up and be a late out?

6 Likes

That is a very good question.

3 Likes

Hookerā€¦bone bruising.

Been there.

21 Likes

Maybe it was pre-existing and didnā€™t need much to manifest itself.

Nothing some THYMOSIN canā€™t fix.

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve just looked up injury reports on bone bruising with other clubs.

Dangerfield had bone bruising in his foot and continued to play (that was when he hurt himself in the Hawks game). Riewoldt had bone bruising of the knee (start of the year when he thought he did his ACL) and he missed 2 weeks.

5 Likes

Ivā€™e had it before on my knee.
I was told to rest it if i want it to go away quicker, but continuing playing squash with an NSAID pain killer would do no further damage.
Hoping!

1 Like

WADA approved pain killer?

Heā€™ll be Beta 4 it.

Iā€™ll get my coat.

13 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I had some in my left foot after some big ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  kick me flush in the top of my foot playing soccer. I couldnā€™t run for a month and 6 months later it still hurts if i strike the ball cleanly on my left. The small bones didnā€™t track well for about 6 weeks either and would get stuck and click around occasionally when walking.

A lot of massage of the tendon under the foot helped release that.

None of that is relalvent to hooker though. If heā€™s hurt his shin my guess is he will play with a shot and some extra protection.

Yes 100% unfortunately. If it is the case heā€™ll be out for the season regardless of how we go in the finals.
I was at the Sunday game and I could really see just how important he is to the side. Freo had 2 guys on Daniher the entire game jumping into him. Hooker would have either stopped that or would have dominated.

4 Likes

Reiwoldt had bone bruising on his knee and played 2 weeks later. They will rest him up, plenty of physio, give him a pain injection and send him out. Nothing surer

5 Likes

yep. particularly given he plays the deeper role which doesnā€™t require him to get on the bike as much. park in goal square. clunk for days.

3 Likes

I have been told by a close source not to panic. All will be ok.

26 Likes

He might not have a great game in him, but heā€™ll have a great quarter in him. He is pivotal imo

Wasnā€™t panicking.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not the blitz wayā€¦ apparently.

These guys will seriously line up with only one leg if it is to play in a final.

You arenā€™t going to be able to keep any of the best 22 out of the side unless they are dead.

1 Like