#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Won’t get up for this week. Even in hardtag he didn’t want to put a % on chance of him playing. Big miss

Cooked

May never play any professional or amateur sporting code ever again.

6 Likes

Scene set for Smack to come in angry, playing for his career, kick a bag of 5 goals, win the final for us, then sign on for another year of tantalising inconsistency in the VFL.

18 Likes

Goodnight sweet prince.

4 Likes

Grundy be intercepting till the early morn

1 Like

I thought smack was excellent in the final. He’s in good clunk form

7 Likes

lel

2 Likes

He was never going to train today…will have it tested at the end of the week.

1 Like

Is it ok to quote yourself from another thread?

3 Likes

My take on Hooker is that his injury needs rest and will only get worse through use. Consequently, no significant training or testing during the week, just the bare minimum to prove he can run and kick.
What it means is that he probably would play restricted, and then be screwed for the following week and potentially beyond, if we were to win.

2 Likes

And potentially means his opponent could run off him.

1 Like

Deal accepted.

3 Likes

RIP

Where’s that Buddy video when you need it. Needs more Benny Hill music whilst Hooker chases him.

Hey, that’s my line!

When is the funeral?

1 Like

I think there may have been some porky pies told on what the injury actually is.

Pretty sure you don’t get ‘bone bruising’ that bad in the warm up that you miss a final 2 weeks later.

I reckon its soft tissue.

3 Likes

I think it’s more likely to be a hot spot in his foot.

Potential stress fracture.

Big risk playing him for future injury sake, but you’d almost have to take the gamble. He could and should play as a stay at home forward at the SCG anyway.

1 Like

“Bone” bruising, eh?