#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

All Australia Full Foward next year, take it to the bank!

1 Like

Setting aside Stringer, there arenā€™t many others who are going to kick forty goals. My recollection of the last season was there were times when Hooker pushed into the backline. So what (I understand) you are proposing was instituted.
No, I donā€™t think Hartley is as good as Hooker. He panics and gives away free kicks far too much for my liking. But what made our forwards dangerous during the 2017 season was that double teaming one often let the others off the leash. Hooker needed to be manned up on or he threatened to get off the leash.
In the end itā€™s a void argument. Unless Stewart or someone else can match Hookers output in terms of goals the club has made it pretty clear he will staying forward.

1 Like

Hooker is BY FAR the better defender. In all aspects I can think of, bar age.

2 Likes

age is not something to rate a player on

Soā€¦I didnā€™t just do it then?

2 Likes

A lot of people give Heppell the first year back slack but not many give Hooker that same slack. To kick 40 goals whilst going MIA for 50% of games is a fair effort, youā€™d expect him to impact the game more often next year or at least give more consistent effort. Those 7 or 8/10 games were great but there were a few too many 2 or 3/10 games mixed in there fora truly successful season.

I think heā€™ll stay forward but if Hartley struggles and Stringer is doing well then we may need him to fill some holes down back depending on the opposition. Heā€™s probably a better back and a bigger upgrade on Hartley but he was more important up forward, how Stringer changes that dynamic will have to be seen. Ideally Harltey finds some form, Stringer spends good midfield time and Hooker improves further up forward.

5 Likes

Yep, a consistent Hooker is a frightening prospect.

1 Like

Hooker had 2 poor games - Richmond and Adelaide first time - To say otherwise is not appreciating his role in the team.

4 Likes

If only there were two of him.

2 Likes

Ripping year for Hooker all things considered with him returning from year off, first as a full time kpf and our struggles with inside 50ā€™s at times.

4 players in top 30, no other side did that.

11 Likes

How come Franklin isnā€™t spelt all in capitals, eh, @Diggers?

Itā€™s the off-season.

2 Likes

true, in yesteryear we had Monfries or Stu about 30thā€¦
however - we really need more midfield players kicking more goals - we pipe on about the midfield exposing the backline, which is true, but weā€™d so much more dangerous if Zach, Hepp, DP etc were more of a threat on goal.
Re Zach specifically - if he could add goalkicking to his resume, heā€™d be right at the top of the AFL tree.

He need only play in the front half more to do it

1 Like

Great year for Hooker. Couldā€™ve easily had ten more goals with the amount of easy shots he missed too.

2 Likes

Hooksy get the highlights package treatment.

Good on ya, Chooker!

12 Likes

I love him.

That mark in 4th clip is so fkn good. The value on someone being able to do that amongst so many in a fwd line is immense.

Need to clone him though to play back also.

Will kick 50 next year and be a top 10 fwd in league

3 Likes

Great story and his capacity to reinvent himself is inspiring.
Weā€™ve got him for another 4 years too.
Contested marking king, no matter where he plays.
Just needs to look after his body as he hits his 30ā€™s.
Can ill afford to have him on the sidelines.

2 Likes

It just cracks me up how lethal he is snapping off either foot

8 Likes

Flag

1 Like