#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Don’t forget Dev Smith, lock him in for atleast 20gls next year.

I have no memory of Essendon fowards continually getting in each others way this year. What I do remember is them being ridiculously efficient at scoring, despite our midfield rarely getting on top of the opposition for any extended period of time.

8 Likes

Yep, imagine the damage if we can get it in our forward line consistently 55-60 times a game. Look the fark out!

It is difficult to get repeat entries when you keep taking marks and kicking goals. We’ll need to improve in the centre

3 Likes

He may kick goals, but he will spend minimal time playing as a forward, which I feel is the point you’re making.

1 Like

Hooker plays forward with Joe D

Ambrose will improve next year and be more a permanent fixture in the backline, Hartley did a good job aswell and will also improve.

Midfielder need improve their two way running.

Lookout for the rebound next year with Hurley, McKenna and Saad

1 Like

Goals will not be our problem next season

1 Like

Even top 4 sides have problems
Richmond no class
Geelong no depth
Adelaide no humility
Gws no soul

5 Likes

Fark Carlton no Heart,

1 Like

No ■■■■?

OK, just got back from the bank and they said they do not take Hooker innuendo as collateral. Go figure!

2 Likes

He was putrid in the first Carlton game too.

Fixed

Old chestnut I know but our backline really concerns me. Having him back there would really stiffen that area up, AA defenders don’t grow on trees and we have two on the list but he is playing forward. I quite like him as a forward but feel the need to reinforce the defence is more of a priority. Daniher, Fantasia, Walla, Stewart, Green, Stringer, Begley, McKernan all present some potency up front. Think it’s time to move Hooker back.

12 Likes

If only one of Brown or McKerndog were a heavyweight contested marking beast. Plonk Bellchambers up there and Berger can be main ruck?

God no

2 Likes

Love how dangerous TBC can be deep forward, but having both he and Leuenberger in the side is way too cumbersome, not sure we can afford to have that. I see Leuey as pure insurance this year

HF: Stringer Stewart Langford
F: Fantasia Daniher Walla

…would be a pretty solid forward line IMO.

Two key talls, two mediums and two smalls. Plus we’d also have Begley, Green, Smith, Laverde/Colyer (when fit) rotating through there as well.

3 Likes

We use to have one of the best backlines in the comp and now it’s just average I agree i’m in the move Hooker back camp

B: Baguley Hooker/Carlisle Fletcher
HB: Hibberd Hurley Dempsey

Those were the days

4 Likes