#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Exactly. There is no way in hell he kicks three against the cats without hooker there taking tom Stewart. Stewart clearly had a mismatch.

1 Like

Our backline is sh*t, he needs to go down back if weā€™re going to achieve anything this season.

1 Like

Our backline needs to improve but itā€™s not ā– ā– ā– ā– .

We were ranked 6th last season for stopping scores per defensive 50 entry.

To compete with the best we need to improve our midfield and that should relieve a lot of pressure on our backline.

Having said that Iā€™m not opposed to Hooker going back because I personally feel we need more forward pressure and we have great depth in the forward half.

1 Like

its kaka

we coul go back to 2-3 all australian defenders

If we stop committing shitful, eye stabbing turnovers across half back our backline will look a lot better too

8 Likes

hooker was great last year. And agree with all the comments about how the forward line was dysfunctional when he was out. But, with Stingerā€™s arrival, the improvement of Stewart, a wealth of quality smalls and a change in the way the game is played so that defensive pressure in the forward half is so critical, Hooker offers more value to team needs down back this year. Gleesonā€™s injury makes it a no brainerā€¦Hooker is our only elite intercept mark and Gleeson was next best. A fair bit of daylight to no. 3.

The ability to win the ball back in the defensive half is just so critical, especially given our midfield is unlikely to be much better than middle of the road.

Put him back, please. As good as he often is up forward, it will also spare us the agony of watching him take another 70 shots on goal this year. I think we have enough other options go not lose the firepower.

2 Likes

He will struggle as a one-on one defender now. He is very slow and will trial his opponentā€™s to the ball.

For our structure he is best needed in forward line He rarely gets outmarked and if he doesnt mark it he brings it to ground.
Hookers presence gives Daniher and to a lesser extent stewart one on one contests.

2 Likes

This. So much this.

Iā€™ve been saying this for ages.

Imagine Hooker on Walker or Buddy or Kennedy. He would be absolutely spanked one on one. He does not have the leg speed anymore to go with the gun forwards of the comp.

Iā€™m worried about key defenders running off Hooker with ease, now that his much renowned leg speed has gone.

15 Likes

Brian Lake went ok down back. Just sayin

3 Likes

Hooker forward.

Brown/Dea back for Gleek. Ambrose/Hartley case by case scenario depending on requirements.

Simples.

3 Likes

hooksy is a dead set contested mark gun. we are probably looking at the best in the country.

you isolate him 1:1 and we kick goals.

for the love of god dont move him back again. the same goes for sending hurls forward.

2 Likes

Things were alot simpler when we were arguing over Hurley forward v back.

3 Likes

Feel like Iā€™m stuck in a time loop when I enter this thread.

5 Likes

Gleek is on par with Marty party

Stop it

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy for woosha to play Hooker at whichever end is best for the team. What I do worry about is that players like Cale with a history of leg injuries and not much natural agility fall of the bus fairly quickly. If we can get 2 more years from Cale as good as 2017 that will be fantastic.

I call him McFly.

1 Like

Monster?

CLUNK

2 Likes

Spot on, no backline could defend some of the mistakes we make across half back.