#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker

I think Hooker should play forward.
However…I think we will lose stoppages, but our midfield will pressure the ball handler more than last year - with MCGrath, parish and Zerrett in there with opposition sending high bombs into our backline. Meaning we really need a intercept defender who is a good mark. With Gleeson down we need to find a replacement.

Maybe JD runs all the way down the ground spending some time in defence. He has a great kick to set up play down the ground.

But hooker will also need to spend more time down there as well.

Ideally Ridley turns into a gun intercept defender, or Brown/ Hartley improve.

Maybe Goddard moves to that role and turns back the clock. Although i think we need him to play more inside mid / tagging roles.

Wouldnt mind seeing Heppell back there as well, but he is really needed in the engine room you would think.

Maybe Hartley will come in and free Hurley up to be third Tall, As he is great loose. But also our best stopper.

Would Goddard be able to do a tagging job on Sloane?

Sloane isnt that fast, so i would say yes.

But would you tag sloane or Gibbs?

I guess Hooker didn’t confirm either way in his interview today.

The author has made some pretty big assumptions though.

The great thing about being part of the media is the lack of accountability for what you put out there.

Sloane.

All this trouble can still be traced back to Gumbleton not being available IMO.

Same age as Jack Riewoldt. SIgh.

Hooksy.

He really can be unstoppable at times. Going to be really exciting watching Cale at both ends. I think we will see him swinging between ends more often because of injuries but hopefully we are playing well enough that he can stay forward. People forget he has basically had one full season forward and kicked 41 goals.

FB: Hooker

Dempsey Hooker Atkinson
Slattery Slattery Skipworth

EDIT: @Stallion

No one is forgetting this fact, as it gets trotted out every week or two.

Seriously how good is this bloke. His passion to play for the club is so evident. NEVER lets us down.

Didn’t get too many rewards, but that was a fantastic example of how a gorilla forward frees up others and makes even a eight man defence crap their dacks.

Clunk.

So important to the fwd line. Nobody can mark under defensive heat like he can.

Dropped a couple of sodas though & that play on handball was dumb.

Kicked the goals when we needed though!

Gun.

I had no confidence he was gonna kick that goal in the last, but cometh the hour…

He’s a forward. Loves a goal too much to be a defender :grinning:

Hey hey hey… he hasn’t kicked 41 goals in 2018 yet.

improvement clearly required.

Forward

Yeah I concede this one, he is a forward.
Loves a goal.