#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

We see why he plays forward last night. We just need two of Hartley, Brown or Ambrose to really lock down those 2nd/3rd tall defensive roles and be good 6-7/10 players every week and we can hold up down back. The 3-pronged tall forward setup is our POD, it works, so let’s not mess with it.

2 Likes

I still can’t watch sometimes when he charges at the goal flat out on set shots; but one thing I’d say about his goalkicking is he has almost always nailed them in pressure situations/when they are needed most. The celebrations are just a thing of beauty

3 Likes

he is still gonna frustrate the ■■■■ out of us with his set shots at goal. But he is going to get another 40 odd this year.

if we get a full year out of the three … big if of course, but between Daniher, Stewart and Hooksy, we can get 150 goals out of them

3/4 set shots was a very good result. Including when it mattered most. I’ll take that every week.

Would have had another also from close in except JD gave away dumb free kick on Talia

JD kicked 2/4 IIRC, and also missed two on run when he had others in better positions to give ball to.

The frustrating player won’t be Hooker IMO

4 Likes

HOOKERR, HOOKERRRRR, HOOOOKKEEERRR!!
I don’t mind BT’s commentary at times and that piece will go down in folklore IMO

3 Likes

Love this ■■■■. True Essendon legend.

1 Like

He also dropped a couple of marks that he would expect to take 9 times out of 10.

Hooker showed good form. One of the many many pleasing things about Friday night.

1 Like

He’s like Cloke when he was in his prime.

1 Like

What a disgusting comparison. Soap and water for your mouth. Hooker is better than that.

5 Likes

Cloke in his prime was a very good player, who was a great mark and erratic in front of goal. It’s a pretty fair comparison

1 Like

All off season I said we should send JM back - I was wrong

Nino pinching that from Lloyd who said on Friday night…

“Hooker is sort of like what Cloke was in his prime, will let you down occasionally by foot but he is just a colossus in the air. Is there a better contested mark in the fwd 50 than Cale Hooker? 8 marks for the game now”

1 Like

The answer to Lloyd’s question is…NO

Officially 3rd fastest player at the club.

Rofl

4 Likes

l still prefer Clunk to Cloke.

I agree with Lloyd

Disagree with Lloyd’s assessment …

Cloke
50:50 at best

Hooker
2015 -21:21
2017 - 41:26
2018 - 3:1

65:48 since playing forward

1 Like

Tom Lynch would rival Hooksy in the air.

Thanks ATE for putting that out there.

It does make you rethink.

Cloke operated at 55%
Hooker is operating at 57%

Cloke over a far greater sample size obviously.