#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

It’s closer than he hints at. Completely. Ignores oobotf and kicks that didn’t make it.

3 Likes

I loved hearing Garry Lyon taking back his negative comments about Hooker during the game commentary Friday night.

3 Likes

Please go on…

1 Like

Commentary on YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=175s&v=d5B7Qi6B9NY

He starts off with “What a grab! This blokes been magnificent” and then continues the praise.

2 Likes

Glorious

Hird shared a funny story about Hooker on his podcast. It was the time when West Coast had tried to trade for him. Bomber and Dodoro went over to his house to discuss it. The story goes Cale saw them out the front and just locked the door refusing to talk to them, his rationale being if they can’t talk to me they can’t trade me. Hird went on to say how lucky the club was as a result and pumped him as a great footballer and leader. Also said he was able to fix his hamstring issues and improve his running by hiring his own running coach at the end of 2011 which was a big factor in his improvement.

■■■■■■■ love this guy.

24 Likes

Surely we can put this argument to bed now !

His best position is NOT defence…

…and it’s NOT forward either.

He’s clearly a goal kicking wingman.

Let’s not waste his natural speed by parking him in the goalsquare any longer.
Cale’s an eagle…gotta let him fly :eagle:

7 Likes

For mine, Cale’s clunking in packs is the most gratifying spectacle of them all. Yeah, goals are great. Line breaking runs are special but nothing beats the power of Cale’s hands and splitting of packs. Ha! It’s almost like watching a Marvel superhero movie.

3 Likes

Did we not put Hooker in the GF sprint once, and he ended up like 10m behind the 2nd last entrant?

SPEED

That 32.1 km/h was surely one of his goalkicking run-ups

2 Likes

it was after he kicked it and wanted to run into the first year player on the mark…

1 Like

Surely he just attached the gizmo to Irish.

You ain’t fooling me Cale!

1 Like

Brown did alright on the wing at Sandringham.

As long as it’s not like that time we put Paul Hamilton on Peter Matera… actually, no, stuff him.

“Hey Conor! Catch!!!”
"??#$^?
“Great…now throw it back to me!”
“Whale oil beef hooked…”

2 Likes

The Richo role!

Heil Hooker

oh my

1 Like

I can’t see hooker slipping our fans the finger let alone kiss it.

Yeah, but we don’t spit at our players either.

1 Like

got moved closer to goal under Buckley. Didn’t work.