#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker

There were reasons to move him back last year at the same time he was winning games for us down forward. Now it’s just glaringly obvious we need to try him there again.

Imagine he plays in Defence and turns out not to be our saviour.

Then we’re ■■■■■■.

It’s quite possible.

Wouldn’t think that’s a reason not to - at the very least - try it.

Well it’s not going to fix the midfield is it

His stats though!

Hooker going back won’t fix the midfield but at least he will be clunking them every time the oposistion send the ball forward.

It’s like finding an AK47 buried in the rubble just as the zombie hordes rush over the ramparts and your knife just broke off in someone’s eye, and as they approach, you raise that magnificent angel of death and squeeze that trigger and…click…

Or something.

To be honest we have been annhiliated at contested marking our last 5 to 10 games

Moving Hooker back will cure it, but it let’s off the hook the absolute garbage the rest of the backline has been serving up and really, they should learn to ■■■■■■■ contest a high ball

Except more games.

For those in the Hooker forward camp, if he’s back that’s the reason why we didn’t win? Those who are for Hooker back camp and we still don’t win it will be because he’s back and needs more time.

6 of 1 half a dozen of the other???

If switching Hooker back doesn’t make us a better team I will hand in my membership.

Hooker is good value forward or back, but he is needed more in defence righ now, and the continued development of Stewart means the move can be better covered than if he remains forward. Since we are losing in the midfield, the pressure on the backs is greater, so play him where he will be more in the action, back.

Clearly we’ve exhausted all possible word combinations that connect even remotely to the Hooker forward or back discussion. For this thread to survive we need to evolve to a discussion as to whether Hooker is best suited to play as an inside mid or as a smooth running machine off the HBF.
Or we could just crack jokes about Hookers.

Hooker’s do spend a lot of time back, forward and are versatile.

I want to see him fwd, and I want to see him back. I want see us make some moves on game day that are confusing to the opposition. Trying to play the same way all the time isn’t working. Great teams can change things up when things arnt going there way to either change momentum. Or slow the other teams momentum

It’s finally happening. I can’t believe it. If anyone paid attention to our backline last year and so far this year, it was so fkg obvious this is a move that had to be done. Everyone cries about the midfield, but our backline has been ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ for years.

Watch us start winning games now.

For me his best value would be to start forward and then drift back for big period of quarters.

Great teams are able to do as you say, we aren’t great, far from it, but there is an even greater need for us to change things, because we need to find ways to unbalance other teams. We are far too predictable.

I’m the opposite of that, because starting him back gets his hands on the footy.

But anyway, can we just play him on Westhoff?
Or the opposite of him, when he goes forward, Hooker goes forward for us?
Could be fun!

Westoff may run him off his feet and render him useless the rest of the match though.