#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

He didn’t do much wrong, he’s working back into some form. Could cause a few problems for the Blues swinging both ends.

I’d still have him in the forward line. I think him missing is missing is making it harder for others, and also means we don’t have a direct way to goal. Hence chipping it around a lot more.

We were more direct when he was up front early.

3 Likes

Apart from the Port game our scoring has certainly fallen off a cliff.

In the current malaise it’s too hard to tell where his best position is.

Id like to see him forward and tell HARTS to get his act together.

2 Likes

Its tricky. He’s more suited to the backline but we can’t score without him in the forward line.

I can see us finishing in the top 14 if we put him back forward but I would still like to see him stay back for now.

He is needed both back and forward, as we all know, but he was our second best on ground last week and has been above average in every game he has played down back. Very hard to know but agree that JD and Stewart have fallen off the cliff without him there.

However the whole team is so badly coached, out of form and woeful skills that it is really hard to tell.

Should have just kept him in the forwardline. Our coaches have no conviction.

1 Like

he stays back.

2 Likes

I agree and thought he was good vs Hawks 1st half.

Then they started him on the bench in 3rd qtr & all hell broke loose on field.

I think the main issue is we’re playing x2 talls too many.

There is no point having a potent swingman if he can’t go forward because were already too tall in the forward line and lacking forward pressure.

I would drop Stringer & JD. Tge only time it worked having Stringer, JD, Steward & Hooksey together was vs Port. And thats bc they also played too many talls!!!

Keep him back and play Hartley although Hartley doesn’t go hard enough for my liking.

I’d try Hurley forward. If he doesn’t like it he can leave. He’s become a soft back man peeling of his man and racking up the possies without setting up any decent forward forays. Also becoming a bigger sook than BJ. Always blaming others when his man takes a mark

I used to think he was a gun.

1 Like

I thought Stewart was close to best against Hawks.

1 Like

I never wanted him fckn back, leave him forward.

1 Like

Fark. Hartley. Another tall. You kidding…

How many talls in Richmonds premiership line up or Collingwoods Anzac day team. 3-4? We’re running with x6!

Ok agree. No Hartley

I actually said move Hurley forward. So Hartley isn’t an extra tall as he’s replacing Hurley.

Oh but Hurls doesn’t like to play there. He’s fussy remember.

1 Like

What ■■■■■■■ use would Hurley be forward? What planet are you people on?
Seriously, tell me what he would actually bring to the forward line?

2 Likes

I rated Stewart our fifth best but if used the ball effectively he would have challenged T-Bell for best player.

1 Like

We all love Hooker. Just lock that in.

…but…he’s got three years to go AFTER this one.

IMO his mobility is an occasional issue in the backline at the moment…I didn’t know that until we started playing him there again…can he re-adjust his body to address that? Is that all that’s required? Easy fix with training?

Do you think, like me, that the mobility is eventually going to become such an issue that he will be limited to playing purely as a FF? How far off is that? If so, does it really make sense to be using him as a temporary fix for the backline?

I’m just chewing on these long-term questions.

1 Like

BACK

This is the most dominant performance by a backman I’ve seen all year

Is a great forward

But the best FB in the league by streets as a backman, gee when he gets up and going is unbeatable.

Geelong have taken no marks in their forward 50 by the 4th qtr.

3 Likes