#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Yesterday showed how good our defence looks when our midfield actually gets on top.

1 Like

You thought our defence looked good yesterday? Did you see how many goals we shipped, often to our own bad defensive play?

3 Likes

Yep. We do not have any one person that can handle the entire compliment of skills Brown has, so we did what all good teams do, teamed up on him,. Also - it was fairly obvious that the plan norf had was for Brown to run all over the place (clocked up over 15km) to below Hooker up - which happened at times.

1 Like

I loved yesterday’s game, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. However, our defense was pretty terrible at times. The game slowing down was largely due to us fixing that.

1 Like

They certainly weren’t good all day.

Been better than Rance down back this year. Beats the match up with big forwards, floats and intercepts when he doesn’t have a direct match up. Provide allot of drive out of HB through calm and clean first possession in contests.

Gotta be a chance for AA.

1 Like

We had 108 points kicked against us - 4th highest of all games of the round. Our Defense wasn’t very good at all. Some of the goals that they kicked we showed no defense at all.

1 Like

Thought he did a great job on him, the other defenders really helped out to.

One on one Hooker was superb, on the lead Brown was able to beat him.

To keep him to 2 goals was massive.

Love his marking. Though every time he tries to dummy around someone on the boundary line he coughs it up. Know your limitations cale and move the ball forward.

But, but, we have no one to stop big Benny Brown. Kingy?

Brown on the lead would beat most of his opponents most of the time. He can be very impressive.

3 Likes

There’s not many that can stop those marks on the lead, but one on one I thought Hooker won, apart from that free kick he gave away unnecessarily.

1 Like

They had to slow the game down to get back into it which took away most of his leading space

Had about 4 in the end. All at once.

1 Like

Ben Brown had as much help from the Nth forwards stopping Hooker, as Hooker had help from other defenders.

Most of the occasions he got away from Hooker on the lead in the forwardline were when someone else had put a block on Hooker.

2 Likes

Would be a 80-goal forward if he had Lockett’s accuracy. I also think he is still underrated by many.

2 Likes

Definitely not a forward but certainly makes a presence up there

For a 196cm guy he gives zero ■■■■■ about opponents threatening to tackle him.

Takes on anyone, any time, and almost always beats them. Massive core strength.

Arrogant, and rightfully so.

5 Likes

CLUNK

1 Like

Real solid game. Great leader down back. Pleased with the decision to leave him down back tonight

2 Likes

Geez he’s good. Thank you Mr Hooker.

2 Likes