#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Just further on this it actually really ■■■■■ me. We had a structure that was working quite effectively - brown, smack, stringer - yet chose to abandon the structure because of injury despite the fact that there were viable alternatives available to maintain it. Stewart could have come in for stringer against gc, Hartley could have been selected to release hooker forward against Sydney and Hawthorn.

Instead we’ve had 4 weeks in a row where at various stages it was clear we were a tall forward short (remember may swallowing everything in the air against gc).

The only thing that saved us having to address it against Sydney was Grundy moving forward (a move which I think actually won us the game).

I don’t get it. If something is working why don’t you do everything you can to try and maintain it by bringing in players who can fill the role within the structure rather than trying to manufacture something new.

I reckon if Hartley had played and hooker had been forward the entire game we would have been much more prepared to play direct up the line football and not played into their hands with indirect, over possessing, switching turnover bullshit. Frankly I reckon it cost us the game.

Fark now I’m ■■■■■■ off all over again.

18 Likes

100% agree.

When did Hooksy hit Schoenmakers? $2k fine.

The amount of pushing,pulling,holding,scragging by Schoenmakers and others had to be seen to be believed.

Don’t know if you could see it on telly but at the game his only aim was to physically retard Cale

from launching at the ball.

I’m sure that if Hurls had of done the same to Buddy , he would have kicked 10 goals.

But to answer your question I didn’t see it.

Send him forward

SEND
HIM
FORWARD

Yet that farking carnt of a bloke clarkson was complaining to gil about players shepherding his players going for mark. What he really means is that his team should be allowed to do it but teams shouldn’t be allowed to do it against his players.

2 Likes

Yep exactly and it ■■■■■ me , early on in the game it was so obvious that a Hawk player went in with both knees to one of our players but then threw both arms out to apologise.

Yeah, the Hawks got a mark and (I think) goal in the third quarter from a decent “screen” fifty metres off the ball to get Hooker out of it.

Precisely what Clarkson was sooking about.

1 Like

Fined for tripping schoenmakers

Blocking forwards is not allowed, blocking defenders is totally legit

Is that the real rule?

If it is I don’t have a problem, goals are good.

I thought it said striking.

1 Like

So is hooker taking massive intercept clunks and launching counter attacks.

in the 2nd quarter i think, stomach punch behind play.

I think I do remember that. Not going to watch the replay though.

It’s gonna be a sad day when Hooker retires. Elite marking players like him don’t grow on trees. Probably my favourite player on the list along with Fantasia.

13 Likes

You’re a man after my own heart, Billy.

What does that mean? :thinking:

It means… They are also my favourite players.

5 Likes

I’m with you two, love them both. They both impact the game so much but for different reasons.

Raz has the skills and speed

Hooker just strength and competitiveness.

Joy to watch both of them.

1 Like