#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

From a fans perspective I like Hooker directing and celebrating but I have no idea how that affects his teammates. He does lose it though.

Heppell has done some pretty courageous stuff lately and has won the hard ball. Has the flaw of letting everyone down by disposal.

Merrett, Fantasia and Smith also do things that would inspire you too.
I don’t think there’s a clear front runner.

Heppell is still no1 IMO.

Hooker is thereabouts, but IMO Fantasia is almost Hepps right hand man. From what I see its Fantasia who is constantly directing traffic, encouraging players, helping with setting up. He probably wont ever be captain but hes not spoken about enough as a leader.

1 Like

Are you itchy?

1 Like

Ring or Tape?

1 Like

Hooker is one of the great Essendon clubmen.

Not once, but twice we tried to fck him off. He refused to leave the club.

Through hard work he turned himself into an AA calibre KPD. Then after he puts in all that work… the club plays him as a KPF because there’s no one else. Instead of sulking at being shifted out of position (Carlisle)… he knuckles down and through sheer grit and effort turns himself into a 2 goal a game forward. The best secondary key tall in the comp.

Finally… after losing a year of his career through no fault of his own… Hooker was one of the first of the banned players to commit back to the club.

He cannot kick over a ■■■■■■■ jam tin but 100% respect to a great clubman.

15 Likes

Did you miss him bang one from 60 on the weekend?

10 Likes

That was great but let’s be real. He’s probably the worst set shot in the team.

Yeah you’re right there. I just assumed the kick over a jam tin call meant he wasn’t a long kick. Continue. :laughing:

2 Likes

It does.

3 Likes

I think, “can’t hit the side of a barn”, is appropriate. He can kick long.

6 Likes

But like all great players, when the heat is on at the end of the game, when it is all guts and desperation winning the day, his kicking comes good.

We missed him big time in the final last year.

Absolute warrior for the club.

6 Likes

60m? That was every bit of 70m my friend and don’t you ■■■■■■■ forget it! 60m indeed! :grin:

2 Likes

Hooker’s field kicking is fine, partly because he knows his limitations. He’s not known as a massive kick either, but he can generally kick 50m without much trouble

Yes he does know his limitations, not known as a massive kick who can’t hit the side of a barn, but can kick truly for 60m and do a reverse torp on the run over his shoulder when playing to the death against Hawthorn.

4 Likes

You know your club is getting better when it’s less clear who your favourites are

2 Likes

It was 61.7m based on AFL 360 longest kicks. I don’t know how accurate that is though.

1 Like

I like, ‘couldn’t hit a barn door with a handful of rice.’

Either way, itchy or hungry.

1 Like

RACIST

1 Like
1 Like