#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker

Exactly. I got a text from my Saint’s boss having a go at Hooker for the punch. I asked if he’d seen what happened just before it. The Saints player and thrown all his body weight onto the back on Hooker’s next. So dangerous and obviously intentional. No wonder Hooker reacted the way he did.

Ffs

What happened

Nothing much. When he took that mark in the forward line near the point post. Hooker didn’t do anything to him. But it was like ‘yeah yeah i took a mark against you, big deal’.

He walked in a straight line back to take his kick: Carlisle had to move off the mark to get out of his way. Typical of Cale but not a significant story.

Carlisle’s reaction was interesting to watch. He accepted it and just took the slight bump and got out of the way. He looked resigned tot he fact his career is going no where.

St Kilda seem to have absolutely trashed Carlisle. The boy was a very good footballer before he went there.

He is leading their BnF.

He is a hugely talented player but he just never looks like he is enjoying himself.

Could the BS chant be heard on TV? It was fairly loud at the ground.

Very lucky. I thought it was a poor reaction especially after the week we’ve had with Gaff. Could have landed anywhere on his face.

Thought the same after Tippa got the free kick towards the end of the 2nd quarter in front of goal. Carlisle picked up the ball and waited until Tippa was ready to hand him the ball. Both Tippa and Heppell barely acknowledged him. He looked pretty resigned to be honest.

Sure could. Sounded quite clear to me

No, need him to negate Rance. Put him on Rance with a primary job of nullifying him. Do that and you shut down half the tigers rebound.

Yep exactly. Last time we had McKernan and Stewart forward. Neither could handle Rance (though Mckernan did at one point but got a free paid against him due to Rance’s diving skills).

I think stopping Grimes is more important than Rance

You use Sard for that.

Really hope the coaching staff come with a plan that catches Tigers off guard If we rock up with our run and gun game plan the Tigers will be well prepared to stop it.

Dunno if I read resigned into it, but yes I noticed that at the time and was appreciative of him going out of his way to deliver that ball nicely.

I didn’t boo him as such, but did mock some of his lamer efforts.

Would take Carlisle back when does his contract finish? reckon he misses Essendon

Funny thing with Carlisle is, Saints need him to play forward - he would be their best FF option imo