#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

They’d make a fine duo

I reckon if we give him a bit of time off to go and have a surf he might come good

Yeah so cale hooker, sans the puns

Surf in the morning. Fresh start to the day.

You might have to wait a bit for that.

Waiting for PerceBushby to see what Persil say!

1 Like

That could definitely bring some comfort.

1 Like

But keep an eye on those tides.

He’d be right. He’s no fairy.

1 Like

I’m out. Your knowledge of detergents is splendid.

1 Like

So he won’t be out in the cold for Power?

1 Like

Oh jesus!

You’ll never deter gents like us.

7 Likes

He is very Loveable

It was interesting that even on one leg, against one of the best defences in the league, having had little time forward recently to hone his craft, he still kicked 3 goals for us last week.

Just saying… :thinking:

1 Like

And missed a sitter in the last

3 Likes

I know there’s a lot of love for Smack at the moment, but my preference for a forward line next year would be, Joe and Hooker, with Stringer at times and the smalls.
That’s assuming JD can play back up ruck.

Of course, my preference for tall defenders is Hurley, Hooker and Francis.
But I think if Francis comes on as we all hope, Hooker’s biggest strength is offset a bit in the backline by Francis. So we could go with Hurley, Ambrose and Francis against a lot of opponents.

We could switch Hooker back against specific tricky opponents like Hawkins

2 Likes

We just had to move Hooker back this year. After losing Marty we had almost no intercept marking ability.

However, now that Francis appears to be travelling ok, and hopefully with Marty returning fully fit, then that weakness might now be considered a strength.

There will be a few best 22’s with Hooker forward I reckon, and they will get disparaged, but I think it is a real possibility that the switch happens yet again.

1 Like

Agree with that.
Ridley could also add to the intercept marking.
Good chance we’ll have 2 reasonable intercept marks in the backline even if Hooker plays forward

Next season Hooker goes back. Our defence looked so much more settled when he went back there. Overall i think the backline needs him more than the forward line.

Forward line has Joe, Stringer,Smack,Raz, Tippa, rotating mids etc. Joe will play higher up the ground while Smack is the deep forward

5 Likes