#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Hooker is great both ends. Use him at both ends change it up. Keep the op guessing, become in an unpredictable team that’s hard to play against

1 Like

That’s the luxury of having a player of Hooker’s ilk, and having some depth options at either end - we can reassess when ever we want or need. Ambrose and Smack are genuinely good options at either end, depending on where we deploy Hooker.

Depends a lot on Smack. If he can reproduce this season’s efforts then it would make sense to have him there and Hooker back. Big if though

2 Likes

I think Hooker needs to decide what end of the ground he likes best and then not move from there for the game, while everyone else swaps at each quarter time.

Best of both worlds, every week

9 Likes

100% agree. Francis and Marty back in the team makes our backline a completely different proposition in 2019. Also let’s not forget that Hooker himself kicked 40 something goals as a 2nd forward, and allows Joe to run rampant, and he had his best year with this set up (as did our forwardline in general)

And Stringer as the third ‘tall’

Pretty scary forwardline when you think about it!

1 Like

I agree hooker is a quality forward but with him, daniher and stringer in the same forward line the defensive pressure is near on non existent.

2 Likes

Yep that’s a really good point. Good dilemma to have I guess.

I like Hooksey as a Key Back. And he prob prefers playing there but if he played forward all of this year and Brown or Harley played back I think we would have made finals this year all things being equal.

Define ‘all things being equal’ though?

1 Like

The thought of Cale ‘NatRating’ Francis makes me smile from ear to ear, Aaron couldn’t ask for a better mentor

1 Like

I really hope he’s just struggling with that knee. He seems to be slowing down awfully quickly. Got a bath tonight, as Port doesn’t have any gorillas.

1 Like

Has to be injured
Last week he could barely run and last night you could tell he was holding himself back

1 Like

I think he is clearly playing sore.

1 Like

A bit worrying though. Last year he wasn’t available at the end of the season either.

1 Like

Next year when we’re sitting comfortably in the top 4 all year, they’ll feel more comfortable about restong him a few times to freshen him up

Pretty sure he would have taken the ruck if he’d been fit enough to.

Minor hamstring. Light load for 2-4 weeks

LOL

two of our most important players suffer injuries teo months out from the start of the season. Great.

1 Like

--------------blip--------------------

2 Likes

Hooker is a great player, but we have a lot of depth to cover for him.

1 Like