#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Interesting how they manage Cale for the season, barley trained after xmas this year, now out for 6 weeks. Maybe need to build him up and play VFL for a week or 2 prior to returning to senior football.

I just want Hooker firing in the second half of the season when things are starting to get fair dinkum.
I think we’re got the depth to cover for him.

Will be interesting to see who we go with against GWS. Presumably ambrose to play on Cameron. Have they got any giant talls these days or can we leave Hartley out?

Lol, I literally spoke to a relative of his in Margaret river on the weekend who said “hes right to go”

When did this happen?

1 Like

Bring out the Zerk

13 Likes

Jesus. Not happy with that. Hartley and Ambrose don’t fill me with a great deal of confidence. Mate of mine said this a while ago but would James Stewart make a decent key defender? Would be rough throwing him into it now but say as a 1-2 year development thing, would it work?

2 Likes

yesterday

1 Like

Think it happened during the last bit of training yesterday.

Reckon your info was solid when you got it.

1 Like

God I hope Hartley performs better in the real stuff than his pathetic performance last week. Was so excited to see the back of him and get Hooksy back in.

Surely Ambrose pls…

2 Likes

No, no giant talls.
They’ve got Himmelberg & Tomlinson as 194cm forward talls to support Cameron.
Rucks would be a pair of spuds in Dawson Simpson and ex Collingwood Keefe so no real concerns there ( they’ve used Tomlinson as the second ruck at times)

Reason for them redrafting Mummy (suspended)

Yep this. He is the current heir apparent to hooker (I feel Hartley has stagnated and hasn’t shown any real progress in the last couple of years) so it is time to see how Zerk goes at senior level.

1 Like

Not a huge loss if he’s back by round 4, will only really be missed against the Dees in round 3. Ambrose is a great matchup for Jeremy Cameron and we should be fine against St Kilda regardless.

2 Likes

Mein Fuhrer…

3 Likes

There is no way they will play zerk in front of harts or Ambrose

Even though we all want it

1 Like

We could also play Brown down back

12 Likes

Huge loss. Ambrose and Hartley are average and Zerk ain’t ready. Going to be tough to replace and he’ll take a while to get his touch back after missing so much of the pre-season.

Fingers crossed we can cover him with a dominant midfield restricting entries into our back 50.

1 Like

This. So much this.

1 Like

Brown goes back, mckernan, stringer and JOE up forward for mine

12 Likes

Its tempting to have 6 attacking defenders, who rack up disposals, but most teams with good defence have 1 or even 2 stoppers. , Try Zerk out in the JLT match. He plays tight one on one.
Francis to step up into the Hooker KPD role; not a massive tank but fantastic marking power, Ambrose on the mobile tall forwards, to run with and help double team Hawkins. Hurley, Ridley both also mobile
Geelong will have lots of small / medium forwards, incl Dangerfield resting, Ablett, Menegola… we need lots of mobility. I am afraid Hartley does not have the mobility we need.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes that way.

1 Like