#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

It’s ok Francis can cover two men.

4 Likes

Me too. Ambrose does the running part well. His positing in marking contests isn’t amazing though and he struggles to go with opponents in the air

1 Like

Be very cautious here IMO, Give him as much time as he needs and then some, We just need to cover as best we can.

Hurley,and Ridley don’t tackle, Francis does to some extent.
I mean now, with the forward half game, the forwards are all being asked to tackle defenders,
so, ours will all be sitting ducks.

We might need to have Belly play the Scott Wynd drop a defensive kick behind the play ruckman style and help assist the defence…

2 Likes

Hurely should be capable of smashing Cameron into next week.

And has before.

2 Likes

Ambrose on Cameron? Hell no.

Will only be remembered for his spear tackle on Hill against the Hawks.

1 Like

how’s that mason kid coming along?

1 Like

I want to see more 1 on 1 Hurls this year.

Hurley 1 on 1 is still very good, despite what people on these boards are saying. Hooker is better in the 1 on 1 but Hurley is not crap.

Hurley will go to Cameron, no doubt about it. Thank god Lobb is at Freo now, that would have given us a lot more headaches.

3 Likes

Ambrose will be fine on cameron, he’s a stopper. What we lose is intercept marking which plays a key part in our ability to score - Hooker and Gleeson (and on limited exposed form Franga) are our best at this. Hopefully Franga puts in a better show than he did in JLT1 where he was getting hands to it but not quite marking. Edit: Dea is pretty good too.

2 Likes

I agree. I’m not sure why people on here are so harsh on him. Maybe we’ve come to expect so much from him that it really stands out when 1 slips by.

1 Like

He was much better last year.

He was truly cringeworthy in 2017.

1 Like

Hooker out is a massive loss IMO. It now means we’re forced to rely on Ambrose or Hartley as a key defender, neither inspire me a great deal it must be said. It’ll also affect the structure of the back 6 with the way that Hurley & Francis are now used. Calf injuries at his age are a real worry too and I’d suggest a six week recovery is on the conservative side given he’s missed however many weeks already with that hamstring injury. Hopefully we have this new defensive game style ready to help us out and the midfield can apply some much needed pressure to prevent the opposition having clean 50 entries. Hopefully he’s right for the second half of the season.

3 Likes

As mentioned above, can’t we utilise Brown down back?

2 Likes

Really really disappointed, he is the one I love to watch,will briefly have to find another fav, hope he is back soon.

3 Likes

Yes we can but he’s been so good forward. I’d be hesitant.

1 Like
  • Key players injured and on modified programs all pre season.
  • Loss to Carlton
  • Now Hooker re-injuring him self

Hasn’t been a great start to year I must say.

We haven’t even started yet mate.

3 Likes

We shall see. I really hope it was just first game back rust