#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Most definitely.

Ambrose has not been a VFL player for a long time.

Hartley is a VFL player unless injuries occur.

and as per BSDā€™s post in the Ambrose threadā€¦ Ambrose has been a preferred player.
But as Iā€™ve said he isnā€™t in my core best 22. But good luck to him (us) if he can have a strong year.

4 Likes

I think heā€™s a solid defender.

Nothing spectacular but ultra competitive.

I would say he would be difficult to play against and as a backman thatā€™s all you can ask for.

5 Likes

I want to see him have an injury free run and see how he goes. I suspect that most weeks theyā€™ll be able to find a pretty reasonable match-up for him. Heā€™ll get towelled up a few times no doubt, but I reckon heā€™ll have a lot of days where his opponent doesnā€™t get near it

2 Likes

Yep, pretty much.

All defenders get beaten at some stages.

When at peak fitness he has been pretty good.

1 Like

He lays a really solid tackle too.

Yep, we know heā€™s not going to set up play but he kicks within his means and his defensive stuff is very good.

1 Like

Except of course that ignores they play different roles. Hartley is competing with Hooker & Hurley, Ambrose has generally played medium or third tall. A lot less competition for his spot.

Isnā€™t that what I said?

Ambrose plays and Hartley is backup.

1 Like

Hartley should only be used if every other defender on the list is injured

imo Hooker is the one player on our list we have no immediate replacement for. He can defend, experienced, great mark,great leader, decent kick, can play at either end.

3 Likes

Agree.

The guy gives me nightmares.

2 Likes

Gee we are going to miss him!

1 Like

We saw it all again unfold last night

1 Like

I went out to Tulla this morning hoping to catch training which was unfortunately a waste of time, the only thing that happened was the players came out in 2 groups and did a slow walk around the ground, mostly in casual gear, some in bare feet then back into the hanger - very strange.

One thing I did notice though through the binoculars was Hooker doing ball work with Kelly inside the hanger. He was being thrown a series of ground balls with another trainer bumping him with a collision bag. He showed a lot of agility in his movements and I couldnā€™t see any indication of injury or any hampered movement.

From what I have seen of the recovery period of other players previously I would no be at all surprised if he is available again sooner rather than later.

28 Likes

He hasnā€™t done a calf, its a flair up of his OP

4 Likes

Hookers got OP now too?

It would be great to have him available for round 3 against the Dees.

3 Likes

You mean Hooker has got showy injuries as distinct from Joeyā€™s bog ordinary OP?
That goes against the natural order of things.

i didnt know it was contagious.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Nino has it too.

2 Likes