#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

True. But I think our defence functioned okay this week.

Our forward line seems to be the mess at the moment…that and the midfield.

But on Saturday, we got the ball in the forward line. But we just couldn’t mark the ball or create space. Hooker there can guide the players. Smack, Brown, Fantasia were all leading to the same spots.

I don’t think they’re rushing him back, the last few weeks of training reports have indicated that he’s been training very well.

2 Likes

Who do you take out? Mckernan or Brown?

Neither. Drop Myers, who’s been spending time forward for some reason and is about as mobile as Hooker would be anyway. Then give extra midfield minutes to Parish.

Myers won’t get dropped. Myers has photos of someone with animals or something. Only plausible explanation for playing over 100 rubbish matches across 11 seasons. FWIW, I agree with you but who are we kidding? Myers won’t be dropped.

10 Likes

Don’t forget Myers was awarded Most Improved Player last year, after only a decade at the club.

Myers as a forward (or as a defender) is indeed bizarre. Very close to the most one-dimensional player on our list.

1 Like

Too tall. Unless Mckernan and Brown play half forward and look to get most possessions on the wings and are the connection out of defence.

1 Like

One dimensional is being very kind.

You’re right in that it’s a risk. However, we’ve gone with three talls up forward before and it’s worked, plus we’ve certainly looked undersized going forward this year. Dees are also without May, so there’s an opportunity there to stretch their defence.

Hooker at FF, Smack at CHF, with Brown who mostly pushes further up the ground as a link up player anyway. It also allows us to use Stringer through the middle for larger chunks of the game and not worry about losing our forward structure whenever T-Bell comes off for a rest.

We’d just need to make sure that we have quicker blokes by their feet for crumbing support and not Myers/Langford types that’ll end up making us too top heavy.

Maybe start him forward and see how the backline holds up under the mountain of ball they’re going to see… Melbourne had ~75 I50’s last week against the Cats…

The only time Myers gets dropped is when he drops himself :joy:

He trained with the main group last week and will do so again this week. It’s not a stretch to think he might be available. Imagine they’ll be conservative though.

we’re pretty farked as it is, i’m not sure putting a hooker in to the mix is a good idea.

1 Like

I’m curious where this 3 weeks came from, given no such stipulation was made last week in the injury update. Only that he was resuming full training last week.

It’s on the AFL injury list that the clubs update every week. Usually just a guide though.

Hooker is critical to us. Lion hearted, his endeavour and effort is exactly what we are missing. A beast down back, unrelenting in his efforts up forward. I can’t wait till we get him back. He is a true leader.

5 Likes

Peter Larkins. Pls.

Sif I’m paying any attention whatsoever to the garbage that took spouts.

1 Like

A fit and ready Hooker (insert smartarse joke here) is critical to us.
An unfit one will just blend in with the rest of the underdone players.
If he passes all the tests then he plays seniors. Otherwise, give him a half at VFL level to build some fitness.

Well if he is put forward at least there will be one player left in the 50m arc. As he is not quick enough to run up the ground and back again.(or maybe he is smarter then the other forwards.)

4 Likes