#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Looks like may or with a groin so hooker forward would create real matchup problems for them. If we can get the ball forward with any kind of system…

I don’t mind the idea of playing 3 talls this week but it will come at the expense of Langford not Myers. We all know that.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind is going smaller in the midfield this week and dropping both Langford and Myers. The dees don’t really have a monster in the midfield. I mean Oliver, Viney and Jones are very strong players but they aren’t huge. I think it would be worth getting a slightly different mix in the midfield, maybe bring Clark in to play a role.

Saad Hurley Francis
McKenna Ambrose Gleeson

Merret hepp Zaha
Tbell Shiel McGrath

Smith Brown Fanta
Stringer hooker smack

Parish Clark guelfi tippa

It probably is still too top heavy looking at that forward line.

1 Like

Very few footballers in the league are as un-atheltic as Hooksy, but he just works his @ss off and out muscles his opponents regularly. and his leadership on field is outstanding. im baffled how he was left out of the leadership group. we need him back asap

2 Likes

2 Likes

Precisely my frustration with the forwards on the weekend, pushed far too high up the ground and clogged the centre zone making a turnover more likely. Saints were good at holding two forwards in the 50 with all kinds of space to work into.

5 Likes

‘could be available’ means not available.

Don’t rush him back please. That is all.

3 Likes

I think sit him out this week, no risks.

Melbourne don’t have a gorilla type match up.

If we were playing Hawkins or Ben Brown then we would need him.

Weideman is tallish but pretty soft, I think Ambrose can take him.

They key is shutting down Macdonald and I think Hurley can blanket him quite well.

If you shut those 2 down they don’t have many options scoring wise

Spargo and some other turnip kicked 8 between them against us last year…

1 Like

was it fritzl?

2 Likes

Fritsch, Hannan (the turnip I was thinking of) and Spargo it was. 8 between them.

yep, joseph.

That’s my mates rhyming slang for a chicken schnitzel.

“Can i have a Josef Fritzel with gravy please?”

2 Likes

The fact they exposed Guelfi 1-on-1 in the goal square shows abit of Coaching innovation.

1 Like

i laughed. i’m going to hell. hell is the place where essington win wooden spoon, after wooden spoon.

1 Like

Hooker in the mix.
Put him straight into the goal square. Out Smack, In Hooker.
Send him down back as a +1 at the end of each quarter.

1 Like

And have traded away the number 1 pick to the team that goes on to win the Grand Final.

https://twitter.com/essendonfc/status/1112896640782725120

2 Likes

I just hope we don’t send Hooker straight back to defense. Things have changed from this time last year, with our defense.

Last year, we really lacked a intercept marking player in the Backline. We tried to use Hurley as this player, but he has never been that type of player. It was vital that we had Hooker in the role last year. We now have Francis, who took 9 marks on Saturday. The greatest need for the team, is for Hooker to play forward right now.

2 Likes

I don’t mind that idea. I’m sure Jake, Fantasia and Tippa would be on board - having someone that actually fights and competes up there with them.

Do not bring him in until he is ready to go. This thing we do where we play underdone players turns out to be a disaster just about every time.

Hooker must play back. How many times do you want to rotate a bloke forward and back and forward and back? We’ve picked one as he trained there all preseason. Let him do his job. The forward line were just fine at the back end of last year with the same cattle.