#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker

And have traded away the number 1 pick to the team that goes on to win the Grand Final.

https://twitter.com/essendonfc/status/1112896640782725120

I just hope we don’t send Hooker straight back to defense. Things have changed from this time last year, with our defense.

Last year, we really lacked a intercept marking player in the Backline. We tried to use Hurley as this player, but he has never been that type of player. It was vital that we had Hooker in the role last year. We now have Francis, who took 9 marks on Saturday. The greatest need for the team, is for Hooker to play forward right now.

I don’t mind that idea. I’m sure Jake, Fantasia and Tippa would be on board - having someone that actually fights and competes up there with them.

Do not bring him in until he is ready to go. This thing we do where we play underdone players turns out to be a disaster just about every time.

Hooker must play back. How many times do you want to rotate a bloke forward and back and forward and back? We’ve picked one as he trained there all preseason. Let him do his job. The forward line were just fine at the back end of last year with the same cattle.

except our backline is doing ok, while our forward line is really struggling. Playing Hooker forward could be more valuable to the team.

But regardless of who plays in the forwardline, our delivery to it and the way it sets up needs to be sorted out asap.

Who’s Hoosky? :thinking:

maybe they are trying to trick the Melbourne spies…

I googled it, don’t bother…

Hooker is needed up forward for structure. ATM we have none. Hooksy will bring Fantasia, Tippa and Bags into the contest.

Hooker is the brains, Braun and class in our backline, he stays there. Francis or Ambrose forward if we are desperate.

yikes, i’d just forgotten about that momentarily too.

Francis and Ambrose don’t provide the required structure. We need to kick a score. Hooksy must go forward

We can surely help them out with that.

A hooker forward or back would do wonders for this side.

The one thing about Hooksy, is that no matter where you play him, you know you are always going to get 110% effort & emotion. Will work his backside off for the team, hopefully that rubs off on the others.

Hooker: “You’re loving me now, hey, Woosh?”

Ambrose spent his first few years in the forward line and was absolutely useless. hes a defender through and through

a VFL defender through and through

Plonk him in the goal square all game and instruct him to ruffle his opponents hair after every goal he slots