#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

Yes, but not a full game.

3qtrs I thought, less rotations. He’s close, I hope.

1 Like

No need to rush him back. I want him performing his unco fist pumps when he’s at peak fitness.

1 Like

We need to kick a winning score.

This forwardline is incapable of kicking a winning score. We need a change, and there is only one change worth making.

Hooker to the forwardline.

3 Likes

It’s true that our forward line needs all the help to kick a winning score yet we put Stringer, Raz in the midfield at times… Just doesn’t seem logical

He’s the most imposing player in our squad and we need him.

He’s a brick and we’re drownin’ slowly,
Off the coast and heading nowhere.

1 Like

We’re drowning, yet what you ask for is a brick? A ■■■■■■■ brick??

1 Like

Ben Folds has a curious way with words.

Maxx has an even more curious way to cite them, …

1 Like

Send him back.

Half our trouble against the saints was our midfielders dropping deep defensively to help out and that effects everyone further up the field.

Hooker gives our defence far better structure and should allow our forwards to hold their positions rather than going up field chasing kicks.

He’s just so brilliant at cutting off that ball across the 50 meter area.

1 Like

So you think we can get it out of there quicker?

“IF” Hooksey comes in this Friday, …

• Forward
  • Back

0 voters

Exactly.

If you have that player across there like hooker that can cut it off you don’t need as many mids dropping back.

I watched both Heppell and Merrett closely and both were dropping right back to around the 30 meter area either chasing a kick or setting up a zone. It’s too deep and especially for Heppell who is to slow to sprint back if we win the ball.

The downside of having your high possession winners dropping that far back is the forwards coming further up the field to provide an option.

Hooker for mine just makes everything more stable when he’s back.

1 Like

Beats his chest like a gorilla.

2 Likes

Whilst I agree I don’t think he can join Hurley, Francis and Ambrose who are actually going alright.
I’m questioning whether we’d clear it just as easily without the midfielders all getting back so deep. I’m more in the camp that maybe we should back our defenders in and midfielders getting into a position to receive the rebound beside maybe the one or two who go with the specific player/s who are flying forward. Richmond, Eagles and Pies play a spare and rely on their backs to clear and only go in if it’s stuck. Not every opposition midfielder is screaming inside 50, usually just one sometimes two spread hard to support their forward line.
I really don’t believe more than 8 players are required to rebound an inside 50. We’re playing way too defensive at the moment. Our players are spent by unnecessarily defending too deep. Need to back in the system and defenders.

Updated injury list. Positive signs for Hooker

There may be a Hooker and a H ore on each other.

The mids are definitely going too far back.

I would like to know if it’s part of Rutten plan or part of the problem the coaches are talking about.

I actually don’t think we need hooker forward if we can fix the rest. Smack took 4 contested marks on the weekend and 11 of his 12 possessions were contested so he can win the ball, his issue was finishing it off. I would persist with him.

2 Likes

I think they may be over doing it. As well as a communication problem which would make sense as most of the time they don’t even know who’s starting at the next centre bounce. I think they know the roles but in the moment they’re lacking who’s doing what and they’re all protecting each other by all falling back.

1 Like

So who misses out, a tall has to go.

I hate to say it because I like him but Ambrose.

He’s primarily a stopper and I don’t think that will be required as much if the mids do their job and apply more pressure up field.

1 Like