#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

who plays 2nd ruck when TBC needs a rest?

Hooker forward for 1 week and then goes back to CFB when JoeDan comes in

2 Likes

Brown, Hooker and Stringer have all done the ruck work in the past.

*defence

1 Like

Concur.

2 Likes

It makes sense. Even if he is meant to be fit there is a need, given his recent injuries combined with his age, to ease him back in. Playing forward means he has a better chance of setting his own tempo. If he played defence the forward should be instructed to run Hooker hard and ragged.

2 Likes

yeah but a) surely hooker doesnt have the match fitness and b) surely we wouldnt be putting those 3 up against McInnerney in ruck given the huge height difference, the importance of centre clearances with the 6-6-6 and being able to grab it out of the ruck without prior opportunity being sacrificed

He’ll be spraying them till the early MORN

2 Likes

Good to see the big dawg is back.

4 Likes

And you WILL like it

2 Likes

Let him clunk in the forward line then give the ball off to Tippa or Raz to kick the goal

Without Smack, we need Hooker down there as a marking presence

Given the size of Brisbane’s forward line and with Francis out I’d be stunned if he plays forward unless it’s as a swing man once the game is just out of reach.

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm if he’s still going with that terrible goal kicking style?

It’s the only reason his goal celebrations are so epic, it’s like he’s won the lottery if it even goes through.

2 Likes

Gosh I hope we find out.

4 Likes

Has anyone started a book for Closest to the Hammy Ping yet?

1 Like

I recall one a few years back at Etihad, about 15 or so metres out. Kicked it as hard as he could and it went bang into the post.

I reckon that’s also when he was doing that thing where he looks down the laces at the goal like it’s a scope? Embarrassing.

He’s actually an ok kick for goal from long range.

Richardson said this morning he’ll play back. They’re clearly worried about the height in Brisbane’s forward line. If anything, it’s Ambrose that’s kept Francis out of the side, as his form has been too good to drop him.

1 Like

Hooker is clearly too slow for Hipwood, so the idea would be to cover McInerney.

I mean, sure. The forward line had no contested marking options this week, but it’s vitally important we use Hooker on a second string ruck who has kicked 3 goals this year.

What a waste of gun switch hitter.

indeed

1 Like